Head of External Relations
Harris Hill are seeking a Head of External Relations on behalf of Scotland's only national charity dedicated exclusively to the prevention and response of child sexual abuse. This organisation are a part of a UK wide charity focused on the prevention of child abuse through engaging both protective adults and those who present a risk to children.
Based in Edinburgh this organisation are seeking a dynamic individual to lead lead their media and communications activities and further develop the organisation's communications strategy. This charity run a range of local and national projects focused on the prevention of child abuse working in partnership with a range of government bodies, charitable trusts, voluntary and statutory organisations and the private sector.
This role plays a key part in the delivery of the charities message across the country and the the engagement of new donors as part of a wider fundraising and donor relations strategy.
Key responsibilities include
- To lead the development and delivery of the charities marketing, communications and engagement activities
- To represent the organisations through constructive engagement with external stakeholders and networks
- Development of donor relations and the identification of new income streams
- Act as the3 key point of contact for all media enquiries
- Supporting fundraisers and donors through PR and digital activities
- To ensure all fundraising and communication activities are coordinated for maximum benefit to the organisation
Experience and skills requires
- The successful candidate must have previous experience of working in a communications position
- Previous experience of working closely with a fundraising department/team would be preferred for this role
- Previous experience of writing, editing and commissioning accurate copy for online and printed communications is an essential requirement for this role
- The preferred candidate must have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop strong relationships with external stakeholders and potential donors
- Knowledge and awareness of social media and online monitoring tools would be highly advantageous for this role
If you wish to apply for the role please provide a CV and supporting statement by the closing date of Thursday 6th December 2018.
For any questions or queries please contact Jason Jederon.
Apply for Head of External Relations
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly