Bids Lead (Bid Manager)
Global Property consultancy based in Central London.
As the Bid Lead you will:
- Identifying and continually updating bid content and style to ensure that the business remains a market leader in bid submissions.
- Lead the development of a proposal structure, setting timescales for tender responses, and ensuring internal deadlines are met.
- Assist Principals within the firm to complete bids and project competitions at all levels - ensuring/creating correct materials are used (including CVs, project profiles, case- studies, PowerPoint slides, technical answers, graphics etc).
- Liaise with all parts of the business to obtain the latest collateral and gain input into bid responses.
- Translate complex technical & bespoke material from various sources into concise, easily understandable, organised, one-voice styled content.
- Review and edit technical content for structure, completeness, compliance, and organisational consistency.
- Maintain an up-to-date library of information for use in rapid tender responses.
- Maintain the bid trackers with up to date information, updating the sales dashboard for monthly sales report.
- Lead the weekly sales meetings, shaping the agenda, recording actions and chasing for follow ups.
- Lead quarterly bid de-brief and content meetings with leadership.
- Assist with the implementation of the CRM.
- Propose new tactics using experience and expertise to ensure progressive improvements in win rates.
- Management of multiple tender portals, registering expressions of interest, submitting tender/PQQ returns and posting/receiving queries.
- Liaise with staff in all departments to collate technical information to use in pre-qualification questionnaires (PQQ), responses to invitations to tender (ITT) and business proposals.
- Work with the wider Marketing team within the business strategy as required.
- Ensure compliance with tender return instructions.
- Assisting in other Marketing activities as required.
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum of 5 years bid writing/coordinating experience.
- Essential experience within the Construction sector, ideally the Architects/Engineers/Consultants (AEC) Sector.
- Experience in bidding to national/local government and understand the strict PQQ/ITT/RFP/EOI's process.
- Advanced Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Intermediate graphic design skills - proficiency in the use of desktop publishing software such as InDesign (Advanced), Illustrator, Photoshop, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to build professional and amenable relationships with colleagues from diverse business disciplines at all levels.
- Impeccable writing, editing and proof reading skills.
- Faultless organisation skills and ability to meet multiple deadlines.
- A team player who is helpful and comfortable in being the focal point of contact for the Bid Team in UK who is also self-motivated and able to work using their initiative.
- Competent and confident working under pressure and, at times, working to very short deadlines.
- Recognises the need to work flexibly to meet bid deadlines.
Competitive salary up to £40k + benefits on offer to the successful Bids Lead in London.