- Contract Type
Everyday our client's database is rapidly increasing with data of registered stem cell donors as well as monetary donors and other supporters. The Database Administrator is responsible for ensuring data is accurate and kept up to date. As the first point of contact for queries, you will provide excellent customer service to their external stakeholders.
They are a global not for profit organisation that started in Germany in 1991 around one family’s search for a donor.
They have grown to become the world’s largest stem cell donor centre and today operates in Germany, USA, Poland, the UK and Chile. Over 8.5 million potential donors have registered across the five countries and more than 73,000 people have made a potentially lifesaving blood stem cell donation. Since starting in the UK in 2013, they have registered over 400,000 potential donors.
Data Management Team:
As the first point of contact for enquiries, the department maintains the highest level of service to both internal and external stakeholders and is responsible for the quality assurance of their data.
1. To answer questions via email and phone from registered donors, supporters or patients and cover Reception Desk as and when required.
2. To administer, adjust and change contact details in the database coming in via phone, email and post.
3. To handle consent forms and contact donors regarding exclusions, blocks, missing or incorrect data.
4. To identify and clean duplicate records liaising with data entry company where relevant
5. To organise the data import of new online donors on a daily basis, verify incorrect addresses and prepare data for export.
6. To administer mass mailings (donor cards, swab kits, HLA results etc.) and handle returns.
7. Process returned swabs (scanning onto system and organising dispatch to the lab).
8. To assist the Office Administrator as and when required in the handling of post and deliveries.
9. To extract data and prepare statistics to support departments.
10. Maintain confidentiality of donor and supporter data and ensure best practice standards are adhered too.
11. Provide support for ad hoc projects such as CRM implementation and retention mailings.
12. Any other duties as requested by the Head of Administration and Data Management
1. Educated to A-Level level
2. Relevant database experience, at least 1 year in a comparable role
3. Advanced Excel skills and proficient in the use of Word and PowerPoint
4. Highly confident in working with large databases/CRM. Experience using Salesforce would be an advantage.
5. Experienced in handling a large address data pool.
6. Excellent customer service with ability to demonstrate sensitivity and empathy.
7. Strong command of the English language.
8. Good communication skills both written and verbal with a friendly telephone manner.
9. Well organised with strong attention to detail.
10. Collaborative working style and excellent interpersonal skills.
11. Ability to work in a team and independently.
12. Proactive and flexible.
13. Strong passion for their mission.
Conditions of Employment:
• 37.5 hour week, Monday to Friday (9am – 5pm).
• 25 days’ holiday per annum (plus public holidays).
• Pension scheme – automatic enrolment contribution rate: 2% employee, 3% employer or contractual contribution rate: 3% employee, 5% employer.
• Salary – Competitive
Location: London, Chiswick
Please apply online with your CV but also a covering letter.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.
Apply for Database Administrator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly