Volunteer Development Coordinator
3 days left
- Contract Type
About Our Client:
They are a successful Yorkshire Charity supporting patients, parents and their families during treatment for childhood cancer. They fund research into childhood cancer and leukaemia. Support families financially with grants. They have strong values and clear visions which makes them a strong and supportive charity to work for.
They are looking for someone who has Volunteer Management experience. They will have recruited and managed volunteers, be emotionally intelligent with excellent communication and organisational skills, be someone who can effectively lead their volunteering programme and who works well under pressure.
• Deliver the Volunteering Strategy for them
• Manage an effective Volunteering Programme across Family Support, Fundraising, Finance, Trustees and People
• Manage the volunteering structure which allows for a variety of volunteering opportunities (including reviewing the volunteering policy and handbook etc.)
• Work alongside all departments to identify needs led volunteering roles and create role descriptions and advertising opportunities
• Recruit, manage, train and develop volunteers across the charity ensuring departmental consistency
• Provide ongoing support to volunteers including training and supervision (some volunteers may be family members)
• Signpost volunteers / family members to support services if and whenrequired
• Enhance ways to value volunteer contributions, ensuring regular recognition and opportunities to say thank you
• Complete all administration relating to information systems, publicity and communication documents (paper and electronic) relating to volunteers
• Maintain information on the CRM system to ensure all volunteer information is captured and hours are recorded effectively.
• Gather data and produce regular reports re: volunteering and peer support activity
• Monitor spend against volunteers for recruitment, reimbursement and engagement activities and ensure it stays within budget
• Manage Volunteer expenses
• Process DBS applications where applicable and oversee the charity’s DBS policy, reviewing annually.
• Any other duties as required
*Volunteering also includes Peer Support and Work/Student Placements
You have at least three years’ experience in leading volunteer recruitment, management, training delivery and the development of volunteer policies and procedures. You are a self-starter who can work with minimal supervision and you are able to effectively report progress against agreed milestones.
You will have exceptional IT skills in Word, Excel PowerPoint, Outlook and databases as well as excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
It is essential that you can actively listen and you will also need to be highly organised and efficient.
They are looking for someone with commitment, compassion, and enthusiasm who understands how important all elements of this role are and the sensitivities which may arise.
Sometimes they are dealing with emotional and pressurised situations so you would need to be able to work well under pressure and be resilient enough to cope with the emotive environment that comes with supporting childhood cancer.
Please note this role is not suitable for family members receiving support from them. This is to ensure they are given the best possible care and support without any potential conflict of interest.
Being a true team player is also critical and all the staff at them work hard to be a united group. You will be able to adapt to different team environments and requirements as the role will be cross departmental. They also try to use our own initiative whenever they can. They are a small charity and things like this really matter.
Full Time 37.5 hours (including some evenings and weekends), Permanent
27 days holiday per annum + Bank Holidays
Salary: £25,000 - £26,000/year depending on experience
Based in Leeds but covering the Yorkshire Region
Line Manager: Head of HR & Operations
Key relationships: Staff, Senior Management Team
It goes without saying that you will be committed to safeguarding children and you will be required to undertake an enhanced DSB check.
Due to the sensitive nature of the environment in which this post operates there will be a 3-stage interview incorporating an interview, assessment activities and taster session as outlined below:
Successful candidates be invited to:
Stage 1 -Formal Interview on 14th December 2018 (including 20 min presentation) and assessment activities
Successful candidates from stage 1 will then be invited to
Stage 2- Taster session
To apply please send your cv, a cover letter and the application form.
Deadline for applications: 2nd December 2018
Unfortunately, due to the large number of applications they receive, they are unable to provide feedback to those applicants who are rejected prior to interview.
Apply for Volunteer Development Coordinator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly