Donor Care and Finance Coordinator
Our client is looking for x2 enthusiastic individuals to join their Finance Team on a part time fixed term basis to cover maternity leave. This is a 6-month fixed term position, with potential to be extended.
The role includes a range of responsibilities below:
• Donor Care: inputting financial movements onto database and passing letters to relevant member of the fundraising team to produce thank you letters within 3 days.
• Adding new donors who set up a standing order to the database
• Adding new families/patients to the charity database.
• Adding family information relating to grants or holidays as and when taken. Ensuring procedures for excellent customer service within the finance team
• Managing the holiday provision materials within the charity, ensuring annual mail out is managed within the finance team and incoming bookings shared between finance team.
• Ensuring Gift Aid is applied to donations where appropriate and encouraging the use of gift aid forms
• Liaise with Fundraising Team when large events and campaigns are running to ensure correct recording for reporting
• Larger event administration using database and other methods of collating information.
• Processing online donations from external web sites where the charity has a relationship. e.g Just Giving, My Donate, Everyday Hero and Virgin online.
• On line giving Gift Aid reports to be input onto the database monthly.
• To provide financial and fundraising support for the charity from online donations. This requires report delivery weekly.
• Provide income and expenditure reports for the charity’s Head of Finance daily.
• Bank all monies received and produce a daily bank reconciliation statement.
• The post will involve considerable computer data inputting, handling of cash, general and other correspondence.
• The post holder will be required to maintain excellent working relationships with all of the charity’s staff, including Trust staff, local and national organisations, volunteer fundraisers, patients and their families.
• Provide information for the fundraising team or charity team as and when required.
• Maintain donor data base in line with charity law and data protection.
• Any other duties as requested by your line manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Education to A Level (or equivalent). Five GCSE\O levels or equivalent to include Maths and English at Grade C or above
• Proven Finance background
• Be great with systems and processes – with a firm grasp of Microsoft Office.
• Strong database skills
The beliefs and attitudes that underpin effective performance within the job role.
• Honesty, integrity and discretion
• Team worker
• Non judgmental
CORE BEHAVIOURS AND SKILLS:
• Commitment to ensuring work is completed and targets met within agreed timescales
• Demonstrate integrity and respect confidentiality
• Ability to adapt to new situation and working practices
• Flexibility and ability to prioritise workload
• Ability to work effectively under pressure
• Supportive and helpful to patients, their families and the charity’s supporters
• Compassionate and understanding of patients and their families’ need
CORE KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING:
• Developing knowledge of the charity, its objectives and activities
• Development of understanding of Charity Law
• Development of understanding of fundraising processes and the charity sector
• Awareness of Data Protection Act
• Computer Literacy and knowledge of all Microsoft Office Applications
The post holder will be expected to provide cover across all areas of the finance department for colleagues during holiday periods.
This job description sets out the main duties and responsibilities of the post. The specific duties may vary according to the need for charitable support for the Paediatric Oncology and Haematology Unit and the charity’s activities.
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
EMOTIONAL EFFORT: Ability to manage experience of contact with highly distressed patients and families commonly occurring following clinical appointments, changed treatment or diagnostic outcomes.
Donor Care and Finance Coordinator
Reporting to: Head of Finance
Contract: 6 month fixed term contract covering maternity leave, with potential to be extended
Hours: Part time 22.5 hours (flexible days and hours)
Salary: £25k per annum (pro rata)
Holdays: 27 days holiday per annum + Bank Holidays (pro rata)
Location: Based in Leeds
Interested? To apply please submit your CV and covering letter
Deadline for applications: 12 noon on 26th November 2018
Applications must be available for a role specific interview on the date below:
Friday 7th December 2018
Unfortunately due to the large number of applications they receive, they are unable to provide feedback to those applicants who are rejected prior to interview.
Please apply online with your CV but also a covering letter.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.