Research Administration Officer
Hours: Full-time, 35 hours per week
Salary: £21,000 pa + Benefits
Contract type: Permanent
Closing date: by midnight on Sunday 9 December 2018
Download the job description and person specification from our website.
We’re looking for a strong Research Administration Officer who is keen and interested in working in a leading medical charity supporting our research funding activities alongside our Research Operations team.
About the role
This is an important and varied role which will:
- Work in partnership with a Research Programme Manager in the oversight and management of a designated element of the charity’s portfolio of active awards.
- Provide administrative support for our funding calls including the peer review process in order to determine the allocation of awards. This includes liaising with the Committee Chair and Committee Members as appropriate.
- Managing and monitoring the budget expenditure within the designated portfolio and schemes, ensuring that claims are authorised in line with the charity’s Policies.
- Educated to degree level and/or can consistently demonstrate degree level outcomes with extensive administrative experience.
- Ideally some experience in a research environment including peer review
- Some knowledge and background understanding of the medical profession and scientific medical research and university or similar environment.
- Fully competent with the use of IT packages, particularly databases.
- Excellent communications skills
How to apply
To apply you MUST submit:
- a concise, up-to-date CV
- along with a supporting statement demonstrating how you meet the key requirements set out in the job description and person specification
- Please include where you’ve seen this role advertised
Email your completed application by midnight on Sunday 9 December 2018 via the link on our website.
Interviews expected: Tuesday 18 December 2018, Chesterfield
Arthritis causes pain, fatigue and isolation for 10 million people in the UK every single day. It can impact on the ability to work, our relationships and take away our independence. We don’t accept this.
We are Versus Arthritis. We are volunteers, healthcare professionals, researchers and friends, all doing everything we can to push back against arthritis. We’re reaching out to everybody with the information and support they need, funding vital research and changing the way society sees arthritis. Together we’ll keep running, researching, inﬂuencing, volunteering, advising, chatting, baking, listening. We won’t stop until no-one has to tolerate living with the pain, fatigue and isolation of arthritis.
Join us and use your skills, knowledge, passion and energy to help us defy arthritis.
Read more about what we do, working for us and what we offer on our website.
Promoting Equality in the workplace
Versus Arthritis is a Registered Charity No: 207711 and in Scotland No. SC041156