Corporate Partnerships Manager
1 day left
- Contract Type
People often find the Bromley by Bow Centre surprising.
Perhaps they don’t expect a charity with 150 staff delivering 65 separate projects in 30 venues across East London. Nor a charity that provides essential services to over 2,500 people every month.
They may be surprised that we are a charity working in partnership with a clinical team that delivers primary care to over 50,000 patients every year. Or that we have incubated 73 social businesses, with a combined turnover in excess of £5 million, creating almost 400 jobs in the process.
People are often surprised we have our own in-house research team and a knowledge share project that has welcomed 2,000 visitors from 27 different countries in the last 12 months. And not everyone expects us to have a staff team that hails from 30 countries and speaks over 20 different languages and dialects. And then there is the inspirational three acre therapeutic gardens, with a beautiful Mediterranean courtyard that smells of jasmine and lavender.
We have spent many years creating a really positive, creative and inclusive working environment and colleagues will testify to the fact that the Centre has a very special culture. This is borne out by the fact we are part of the Sunday Times Best Companies programme and have made it into the Top 100 Not-for-Profits to Work For in the UK for the past four years. We are a diverse team and really enjoy what we do and want to make a positive difference to peoples’ lives. We hope you might be the next person to join our team...
Over recent years we have strengthened our range of services and created a nationally and internationally recognised holistic model. It is based on the idea that good health is principally driven by social factors, not by the range and quality of clinical services on offer. Allied with this is a belief that if people are to be well they need to live in strong and vibrant communities.
The Corporate Partnerships Manager will support the Director of Fundraising, to deliver a significant element of the Centre’s overall income generation. They will play a key role in securing and growing corporate income, in line with business plan needs and in close collaboration with relevant directors, programme and project managers.
We are looking for a dynamic, highly motivated and experienced individual, with a proven track record of generating income from companies.
The deadline for this position is rolling, and we are considering applications as we receive them. If you would like more information or to apply with your CV please don’t hesitate to contact Charlotte Wilmot, Director, Eardley Wilmot, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The job description for this role is listed below, and we very much look forward to hearing from you.
- To proactively cultivate and deliver an effective strategy to engage with the corporate sector, including corporate trusts.
- Work creatively to implement the strategy by matching Centre needs against those of businesses and maximising the mutual benefits
- Manage key relationships with corporate supporters, ensuring that all funding objectives are fully met. Maintain excellent relationships through timely and accurate reporting and facilitating meetings with senior staff.
- Develop partnerships with new potential corporate funders, researching priorities and formulating effective approaches to support the delivery of key services for the Bromley by Bow Centre in line with agreed financial targets.
- Secure corporate sponsorship for events (e.g. Charity Dinner) and to ensure appropriate corporate representation at events
- To develop and manage a clear and deliverable strategy for fundraising from Challenge events to secure unrestricted income for the Centre
- To ensure all funding is in accordance with the delivery plan of the Bromley by Bow Centre and its programmes, working closely with the appropriate staff in the delivery teams.
- To maintain a good knowledge of all Bromley by Bow programmes and programme innovations and continue to innovate through new funding ideas and opportunities.
- To work closely with relevant directors, programme and project managers and the finance team to prepare budgets for funding applications.
- To ensure funders are appropriately recognised and stewarded and maintain accurate records, maintaining and growing a supporter database.
- To liaise with the programme and project managers and finance team in ensuring that reports to funders and donors are in accordance with the funding agreement .
Essential Skills and Experience
- Experience in a relevant fundraising, charity or sales and marketing environment
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to influence funder expectations and Bromley by Bow staff to ensure we meet these expectations
- Demonstrable experience of generating income through effective partnerships in funding and with delivery organisations
- Excellent written skills and ability to develop detailed proposals and budgets
- Strong research skills and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, well-organised, able to prioritise and plan his/her own workload as well as supporting others in meeting timelines.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, written and presentation skills, including communicating with a variety of audiences and experience of writing concise and informative reports both internally and to funders.
- The ability to conceptualise and turn ideas into strong project proposals.
- Flexibility and an ability to work under pressure.
- Good analytical skills with strong strategic and innovative thinking.
- Strong ability to collaborate and develop strong partnerships.
- Passionate about community regeneration in East London and the aims of the Bromley by Bow Centre.
- Desirable Skills and Experience
- Financial management including budgeting, monitoring and financial procedures.
- Experience of using a fundraising database.
Apply for Corporate Partnerships Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly