6 days left
- Contract Type
THE NOT FORGOTTEN ASSOCIATION
Job Title: Team Assistant/Office Assistant
Reports to: Head of Finance
Hours per week: 35
Salary: £22K to £25K depending on experience + Generous benefits
The Not Forgotten Association is looking to recruit a Team/Office Assistant to ensure the NFA office operates effectively, providing support to the Chief Executive, SMT, Events Team, Fundraising and Trustees and Presidents, as well as managing the NFA database. The NFA delivers recreation and entertainment opportunities to wounded, injured and sick serving personnel and disabled veterans. The position is in a small charity of just eight staff who directly support over 10,000 beneficiaries each year. Based in Victoria we are looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic individual to take on this key full time appointment as soon as possible.
- Main Purpose of the Role:
Manage and maintain the NFA database (Donorfy). You will also ensure proper flow of office procedures; undertake administrative tasks, ensuring the rest of the staff has adequate support to work efficiently.
2. Environment of the Job:
The Not Forgotten Association is a small not-for-profit organisation, which exists to organise and host a range of events, entertainment and recreation for the military serving wounded, injured or sick and for ex-service men and women with disabilities. We are renowned for our personal style and ethos, and for the exceptional and wide ranging support we provide to our beneficiaries. The organisation is funded by donations and is overseen by a board of Trustees. The job is based in the Association’s offices at 2 Grosvenor Gardens SW1W 0DH, but requires the post holder to be prepared to travel to support the charity’s activities throughout the UK.
3. Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare thank you letters for donations and grants for Chief Executive to approve, and make sure they are sent out within a week of arrival. Liaise with others to make sure fundraisers and other donors are also thanked.
- Run the office administration, ordering stationery and equipment and ensuring stocks are maintained, as well as organising the store room.
- Able to assist the events and fundraising departments in preparing for events.
- To provide all administrative support required by the Chief Executive and SMT.
- Support the Chairman, Presidents, Vice-Presidents and Trustees in carrying out their duties in support of the charity.
- Be responsible for setting up NFA Trustee and staff meetings.
- Monitor Trustee Training.
- Health and Safety lead within the office.
- Maintain office management processes and policies and make recommendations for improvements.
- Log all correspondence on “Donorfy” and document incoming and outgoing mail
- Develop, manage and maintain the NFA database (Donorfy)
- Collection and extrapolation of all statistical data from the database as required
- Oversee NFA Data Protection
- Provide Database Training to NFA staff
- Must have demonstrable empathy with The NFA’s charitable objectives
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to engage socially with confidence to beneficiaries, benefactors and the wider public, and represent the charity at outside events.
- A confident and fluent communicator both verbal and written.
- Must possess comprehensive skills and experience in developing and maintaining a database (preferably a CRM type database). Working knowledge of Windows Server beneficial.
- Should have a good understanding of office management and communication systems.
- Dynamic and proactive in finding solutions and enhancements, presenting them to the SMT and implementation, as directed.
- A quick learner who has established organisational and planning skills.
- A cheerful team player who works collaboratively and is ready and willing to play their part in all the charity’s activities.
- A demonstrable flexible work ethic.
- Displays initiative, being able to work to tight timelines and meet deadlines effectively with the ability to manage own tasks/priorities effectively.
- The maturity, self-discipline and self-motivation to work without supervision.
- Prepared to travel to attend charity events.
Applications should be made by 19th December 2018 by sending a CV and a short covering letter (no more than 2 sides of A4) showing how you meet the requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests for further information should also be sent to this email address.
Start date: January 2019
Apply for Team/Office Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly