Senior Community Manager - Digital and Events
Senior Community Manager
£31,500 per annum
The IET is seeking a Senior Community Manager to join the Communities Team.
The IET is one of the world’s largest engineering institutions with over 168,000 members in 150 countries. The IET is working to engineer a better world by inspiring, informing and influencing our members, engineers and technicians, and all those who are touched by, or touch, the work of engineers. IET ‘Communities’ provide opportunities for like-minded people across the world to network, share ideas and expertise, collaborate, learn and keep abreast of news and views.
You will be joining the Community Development team who look after the management of communities, supporting their regional governance, looking ahead to the future community strategy and overseeing the volunteer tools. This role will also involve the line management of several office-based, remote and international colleagues.
The successful candidate will have outstanding communications skills, with a natural persuasiveness and the ability to influence stakeholders at all levels. The work of the communities’ team is largely portfolio based so you will be able to use your initiative to work independently. You will have experience in implementing strategies and be able to demonstrate creative problem-solving skills along the way.
Ideally your core skills will come from knowledge you may have around communities, marketing and social media activities, not for profit environments and working with volunteers. While this will put you in a good starting position, the role is very much about personality and a can-do attitude, so a willingness to learn is key!
The successful candidate will have a willingness to travel occasionally, primarily domestic but some international as well. You will have control over your diary in this respect, but time off in lieu will be given.
Get in touch for more info or follow the link to apply - we look forward to hearing from you soon!
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel
- Ability to handle multiple projects
- Proven financial, content and communications planning
- An international outlook with a good understanding culture and diversity
- Ability to assimilate complex information quickly
- Ability to act on own initiative and problem solve as well as work effectively as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to influence, persuade and motivate at all levels
- Experience of participating in online communities (even in a personal capacity)
The IET is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.