Group Chief Executive
Group Chief Executive
Starting salary likely to be up to £80,000 per annum plus performance related bonus and excellent benefits
Are you a commercially driven leader with a strong social conscience?
The Five Lamps Group consists of a registered charity and wholly owned subsidiary and trading company, trading as ‘Conduit.’ Our group mission is, ‘To Transform Lives, Raise Aspirations and Remove Barriers to Social, Economic & Financial Inclusion.’
Our charity is a nationally recognised business working with excluded individuals and families in the most disadvantaged communities. Our trading company delivers services throughout the UK and allows us to secure profits, continue trading and ‘gift aid’ back to the Charity. One of the areas where we are currently experiencing significant growth is through our financial services activities acting as a ‘responsible lender.’
We have held the Investor in People Gold Award since 2010 and have featured in the Sunday Times Best Companies List on three occasions, demonstrating one of our key corporate values of ‘Making People Matter.’
Our present Chief Executive is retiring at the end of March 2019 and we are seeking a new leader to build on our success and help us grow as an organisation, in both scale and impact.
About the role
The Group Chief Executive is responsible for the strategic leadership and operational delivery of the Five Lamps Group, incorporating the Charity and Trading Company.
The role offers a unique opportunity to work across a fascinating and diverse range of activities, where your entrepreneurial spirit and commercial focus will help develop our current activities and identify and execute new business ideas. This will enable us to build our balance sheet and generate an even greater social impact through ‘improving people’s lives.’
Duties will include:
• Developing and sustaining the strategic direction of the organisation, whilst designing a programme of contract-based activities which meet the needs of service commissioners and service users
• Securing new contracts and revenue streams for existing services and developing new services in line with the groups’ strategic aspirations
• Inspiring and supporting the team to meet targets and to understand how they contribute to the achievement of the groups’ wider strategic aims; whilst ensuring that staff feel valued and are able to perform their roles effectively
• Leading the organisation’s performance management framework which includes qualitative and quantitative measures, whilst maintaining a strong focus on service impact and delivery against budgets
• Leading the organisation’s marketing, PR and partnership activities and representing the organisation locally, regionally and nationally, developing networks of sub-contractors and strategic partners
• Ensuring compliance with Regulators such as the Charity Commission, the Care Quality Commission and the company’s regulated permissions from the Financial Conduct Authority; acting in a Controlled Function role as Chief Executive, Director and Money Laundering Officer
You will be an inspirational leader who is strategic in outlook, effective in operational delivery and able to demonstrate commercial acumen with a strong ‘social conscience.’
With excellent communication skills and the ability to be an outstanding external ambassador, you will be effective at networking and relationship building and have a successful track record in partnership working and in securing investment to support business growth.
You will have experience in leading the development of strategic plans, implementing that vision and driving change management in a constantly evolving environment.
Ideally, you will have experience of financial services or lending operations and have operated successfully in a commercial/ trading environment.
You will have a detailed understanding of at least one of the regulatory frameworks within which the companies in the Five Lamps group operate.
How to apply
For further information and to apply please visit:
To apply please upload a copy of your CV and a covering letter using the ‘apply’ button on the microsite. Your letter, which should be no longer than one page, should explain both your motivation for applying and why you consider that you are the right person for the job. We would be delighted to discuss the role with you in advance of your application.
Please contact Jamie Houlders on 07889 992033
Closing date: 12 noon on Monday 3rd December 2018
First interviews: Week commencing 10th December 2018
Final panel interview: Week commencing 7th January 2019