Head of Operations
The Head of Operations ensures effective, efficient and secure running of day-to-day operations, while being compliant with all legal requirements and the core values of the Foundation. S/He is directly accountable to the Executive Director (ED) of the Foundation for the proper management of all resources, processes, service delivery and analysis of systems and data. The Head of Operations will be expected to work closely with the ED and Foundation staff, as well as with implementing partners both in the field, to facilitate project success and the effective use and control of foundation funds. The individual will be expected to work at a high pace, deliver concrete outcomes and provide complete assurance to the ED.
- Oversee and manage all day-to day operations; keep the ED fully appraised of all significant events, potential risks and mitigation plans.
- Act as the replacement ED in his/her absence with formal delegation of authority
- Lead on budgeting and annual financial reporting, oversee all financial transactions; ensure the consistent use of a coherent financial accounting model for programme and head office-related expenditures
- Exercise effective risk management to ensure business continuity at all times.
- Manage resources efficiently and in compliance with Swiss law and internal policies; oversee procurement processes, ensuring optimal value for cost.
- Oversee the Communications (Media), Programme and Administration teams in co-ordination with the HR Director.
- Ensure individual and logistical safety of employees and systems in office, and during all field mission deployments
- Oversee procedures for staff deployment preparation, justifications and post-mission debriefs.
- Assist ED to lead and develop Board relations, lead preparation & delivery of Board meetings, develop and maintain trusting relationships with Board members and independent advisors.
- Oversee and manage Information Technology systems and platforms, which are secure, fit for the Foundation’s purposes, and ready to accommodate any future global expansion.
- University degree, or equivalent; degree in business administration and/or finance, CFA is a plus
- 10-15 years of work experience; 3-5 years in similar Operations management role in the commercial, foundation and/or development sectors
- Familiar with team and project management at head office and in the field. Experience with work in developing nations and/or agriculture a plus.
- Former military service at mid-senior staff level backed by operational experience a plus
- Full English proficiency and/or native English speaker (written and spoken) mandatory, ability to work in French highly desirable, other languages a plus
Required skill set
- Excellent personnel management skills
- Strategic planning, Financial and Accounting skills
- IT competent with good working knowledge of MS office
- Understanding of project and advocacy work in the development sector
- Willingness to embrace and ability to drive change
- Ability to work under pressure and meet challenging deadlines
- Able to defend a case and convince
- Analytic, proactive and solution-oriented
- Collaborative with excellent stakeholder management
- Ability to work in and manage culturally diverse teams
- Hands-on with can-do attitude
- Regular international travel and work in challenging conditions is required to all countries where we are implementing or may decide to implement programs (currently Uganda, Guatemala, Tanzania, Indonesia & Malawi). Travel time can take up to 30-40% work time
- Psychometric testing
- Willingness to complete a high-threat environmental training
- Willingness to complete driver and medical training
Desirable start date: 1 January 2019, or as soon as possible. Expected first round interviews in December 2018.
Please send your application to Ecltfirstname.lastname@example.org with the subject 2018-Head-of-Operations.
Apply by: 28 November 2018.
Applications must include full CV, Cover letter and expression of interest (Max. 2 page), Diplomas, Work Certificates & References.
Joining ECLT is your chance to join a highly-motivated and highly-skilled international team, which works to improve the lives of children, while offering competitive working conditions and package.
We look forward to receiving your application.