The world-renowned City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra is seeking to appoint a Finance Assistant to take responsibility for its income processing activities and to support the monthly management accounts process and other Finance tasks working within a small Finance team.
- 5+ years’ general accounts experience
- Good general accounting skills and the ability to work quickly and accurately.
- A general understanding of VAT
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with a wide range of people with confidence and personal authority.
- Strong organisational skills, a good eye for detail and a proven track record.
- An enthusiasm for and understanding of, working in a small team but also able to work on their own initiative and to prioritise tasks.
- The ability to work calmly and efficiently in a pressured environment.
- The ability to maintain good working relationships at all levels within the CBSO and with external partners.
- Excellent IT skills, particularly experience of using Microsoft Excel and Word packages.
- Capacity to make a positive contribution to the continuing development of the CBSO’s financial and other information systems.
- AAT Qualified or pursuing a qualification with a recognised accounting body
- Experience of partial exemption VAT
- Experience of using the Advanced Exchequer Finance system
- Interest in music.
- Experience of working in an arts or other charitable organisation
How to apply
To apply, please send a CV of no more than two pages together with the names of two referees and a succinct covering letter explaining why you think you are our ideal candidate to:
Hollie Dunster, HR Manager
CBSO Centre, Berkley Street, Birmingham, B1 2LF
If you have any queries relating to the application process, please contact Hollie Dunster on 0121 616 6515
If you would like to know more about the CBSO, or the job itself, please feel free to contact Dawn Doherty, Finance Manager.