ZSL is looking to recruit a Volunteer Manager to lead, develop and manage sustainable volunteer programmes which range from learning volunteers, keeper volunteers and volunteers working with wider teams across ZSL in London and Whipsnade.
Contract: Full-Time / Permanent
Salary: £41,124 p.a. (Inclusive of London Weighting)
Enhancements: London Weighting, Weekend Enhancement
We’re ZSL, an international conservation charity. Our vision is a world where wildlife thrives and we’re working every day to achieve this. From investigating the health threats facing animals, to helping people and wildlife live alongside each other, we are committed to bringing wildlife back from the brink of extinction. Through the work of our pioneering scientists, our dedicated conservationists and our unrivalled animal experts in our two zoos, we guide and enable others in the UK and all across the world. Inspiring, informing, empowering – working for wildlife.
This role will assist the Head of Organisational Development and Training to develop the strategic plan for Volunteering at ZSL and lead on its delivery; identifying ways to extend and improve the range of volunteering opportunities that contribute to ZSL’s strategy.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To effectively attract, recruit and appropriately place volunteers according to the needs of ZSL.
- To develop new and existing inclusive volunteer opportunities building relationships with diverse groups.
- Optimise the use of social media platforms in the attraction and engagement of volunteers and develop a social media plan to enhance the representation of ZSL volunteers on an ongoing basis outside of ZSL.
- Provide a programme of social engagement and encourage the development of a community of ZSL volunteers.
- Raise the profile of the value of Volunteers at ZSL building positive relationships with key teams
- Produce regular reports on donated hours, recruitment, retention rates and other data with a view to improving the Volunteer Programme.
- Support the volunteer coordinators to find effective ways to deal with day to day issues and problems.
- Prior experience of managing all aspects of volunteer programmes in the culture & Heritage/Charity sector/complex visitor facing organisation
- Experience of developing new programmes from scratch
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Relevant degree/professional qualifications or equivalent experience
- CIPD or NCVO qualification desirable but not essential
Closing date for applications: Midnight Sunday 18th November 2018
To Apply and for More Information:
If you would like to find out more about this position, please click the apply button to be directed to our website where you can download the job description and complete your application.
We are committed to the principle of equal opportunities in employment.
The Zoological Society of London is a charity registered in England and Wales: no. 208728.
ZSL kindly requests no contact from agencies or media sales please regarding this position.