A prestigious hospital
The Communications Manager will work within and lead a small team of professionals responsible for strategic communication (including web, media and patient information). The candidate will also be responsible for managing independent projects across their project life cycle, the efforts from third-party contractors and team members will be to deliver these projects successfully.
The main duties of the role are outlined below:
- Act as a main point of contact for internal communication
- Support a range of projects which involves team meetings, advising suitable approaches and effectively managing communication planning for implementation.
- To work alongside external representatives to ensure the high quality editorial thresholds and branding guidelines are maintained
- Hold responsibility for certain projects and other publications, ensuring that relevant feedback is maintained to guide direction for future performance
- To hold editorial responsibility overall and communicate any developments such as editorial/publication schedules with the communications team.
- Confident conducting interviews with the support of the marketing and communications officer
- Represent the department at meetings and events both internally and externally
- Work alongside divisional Human Resource leads and the managing director to ensure internal communication programmes are appropriately supported
- Keep up to date with relevant clinical and research developments that are helpful resources for the team to promote
- Line manage the marketing communications officer on internal communication projects, promoting relevant training opportunities for staff to ensure personal development targets and performance reviews are met and maintained
Candidates must have line managed previously and have previous communications experience.
£45-£49K plus benefits