Chief Executive Officer
Have you got what it takes to lead a dynamic, forward thinking charity through the next stage of its development?
Arthur Rank Hospice Charity has an outstanding reputation for excellence in palliative and end of life care. We support people in Cambridgeshire, who are confronting life-limiting illnesses. Our positive and practical services deliver care, counselling and education, helping patients to live well and their families to live on.
As a CEO of this gold accredited ‘Best Employer’ Charity you will work closely with a strong, supportive and confident Board of Trustees to drive forward the strategic plan for organisation and maintain excellent governance. You will lead an exceptional team focused on getting the best possible outcomes for service users and their families.
Chief Executive Officer
Hours: 37.5 per week
You will be a strategic thinker with the vision and drive to succeed. You will be an outstanding communicator who is confident in building high level relationships to exert influence and bring about change. You will have proven leadership skills and the ability to inspire others to deliver results and create a positive work environment for staff and volunteers.
We seek an experienced receptive leader, who can turn a vision into reality, and brings:
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Experienced in Change Management from experience of developing long-term solutions & projects
- A demonstrable commitment to best practice in equalities and diversity
- A proven track record in fundraising
- Good practice in asset-based community development & staff development
- Strong financial and resource management skills
- You will be committed to living out the ethos of Arthur Rank Hospice and can move the charity deftly forward in a changing political, social and financial climate.
- To lead the charity, working closely with the Chair and trustees
- To evolve vision and strategic plan of the charity with the trustees
- To lead and motivate the staff and volunteers
The ideal person
- Committed to Arthur Ranks mission and aims
- Experienced in the charity and health sector
- Track record in charitable fundraising and sound financial understanding of charity accounts
- Excellent communication skills
- Confident and experienced at managing all aspects of an organisation, in particular good people management and financial management skills
- Ambition to take this exceptional charity forward to the next chapter
- Full driving licence and access to vehicle for work purposes
- Ability to participate in on-call rota (currently 1:7)
At Arthur Rank Hospice, we value our staff and offer a range of benefits: Personal Pension Plan (with ability to retain membership of NHS Pension Scheme subject to qualifying criteria), Cycle to Work scheme, Study leave, Lease cars (eligibility criteria applies), generous holiday entitlement, Staff survey and Staff forum, access to Occupational Health services, Flexible working, ongoing training, Group Life Assurance, Long Service Awards and staff discounts to our in-house Bistro and Salon HD.
Closing date: 19th November
Interview date: 29th November 2018
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you would like to find out more about this position, please click the button to be directed to our website where you can complete your application.
Enhanced DBS check is required.
Arthur Rank Hospice Charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
No agencies please.