Non-Executive Board Member
The number of people aged 60 or over in the UK is expected to pass 20 million by 2030 and approximately a third of older people want to downsize, the need to build specialist housing to meet this unprecedented growth has never been greater. In the UK, there are approximately 1,700 registered providers of social housing, only a small number have a single focus on older people.
Rappport Housing and Care is a registered charity which was established over 50 years ago. The organisation offers residential care along with supported and extra care housing across Kent and South East London. In addition to this, it currently has planning consent to deliver a £45M development programme that will provide four extra care housing schemes by 2020. Furthermore, it has an exciting business plan along with immense determination to deliver more schemes beyond 2020.
Our committed and enthusiastic Board is drawn from a range of backgrounds and our members bring together professional, commercial and local experience. We are now looking to build the skills of the Board particularly in the following areas:
- Registered care for older people
- The regulatory framework in adult social care
- Property development
- IT and digitalisation
Most important however is a real empathy with the aims of the Organisation. We care for people’s needs – not bricks and mortar – and we are proud of our history in meeting the needs of vulnerable people in later life.
Closing date: Thursday 8th November 2018 at 12 noon
More searches like this
- Fundraising Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in Rochester
- Administration Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in Rochester
- Business Development & Commercial Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in Rochester
- Trustees & Chair Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in Rochester
- Trusts & Foundations Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in Rochester