Regional Legacy Manager (London & South East)
We are looking an individual with proven experience of Legacy or Community Fundraising to join us as a Regional Legacy Manager (covering the South East of England) to help develop and bring our new regional legacy strategy to life. Reporting to the Head of Legacies, you will inspire, develop and steward supporters through their legacy journey.
Our Marketing and Fundraising divisions exist to inspire millions of people – from individuals to large corporate organisations – to support our quest for change. Together, we save children’s lives, fight for their rights and help them fulfil their potential.
Save the Children receives around £18 million each year from around 900 supporters who have kindly left a gift in their will. The legacy marketing team’s success relies upon individuals who have specialist knowledge and experience in legacy and in-memory marketing. In this role you will inspire supporters both through one-to-one contact and communications and by producing and delivering a series of cultivation events across your region, which enable groups of supporters to hear about Save the Children’s work across the world and in the UK. You will also:
- Support and deliver sessions at Save the Children’s Volunteer Workshop days, as well as other fundraising events delivered by the Legacy team’s volunteer ambassadors
- Deliver training sessions for regionally-based Save the Children colleagues particularly the Community Fundraising and Retail teams to enable them also feel confident initiating legacy conversations with supporters at appropriate points on the supporter’s journey
- Cultivate collaborative relationships with solicitors’ firms in the region to drive engagement with the Will Aid campaign, as well as other potential will-writing opportunities for supporters
- To deliver presentations that reference legacy giving to community groups such as Rotary, WI, U3A etc.
- Forge excellent relationships with key stakeholders across internal teams, such as Community Fundraising, Retail, Volunteering and Supporter Care
- Adhere to Institute of Fundraising’s Code of Practice and relevant laws and keep up-to-date with developments within the sector.
To be successful you will have proven experience or a demonstrable passion for Legacy Fundraising and be able to influence others and foster strong relationships. You will have the ability to communicate articulately and with conviction about the work of Save the Children, whether face-to-face, over the phone or in writing. Warm and approachable, you will have the ability to act with discretion and to manage supporter information confidentially. You will also have:
- Excellent organisational and presentation skills, with the ability to demonstrate positive outcomes from events organised in the past
- The ability to innovate and a willingness to bring your own ideas to make a success of the role and to contribute these to the development of a successful regional legacy strategy for Save the Children
- Strong IT skills, including knowledge of Windows, MS Office and use of Fundraising databases
- Experience of working as part of a team and the flexibility to support other colleagues
- The ability to work under the pressure of tight deadlines and to prioritise own workload effectively
- Strong relationship management and networking skills
The role will require a full clean driving licence (company car or mileage will be provided). You must be willing to travel within the region and UK as required and you may also be required to work unsociable hours and/or overnight stays on occasion.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we'll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: Sunday 11th November 2018
Interviews will be held on the Thursday 22nd November in our London Farringdon office.