You may already have some experience in fundraising, or perhaps you have other work experience and you are looking for your first fundraising role. This represents a fantastic opportunity to learn and grow your experience.
The Doorstep Library Network trains volunteers to pay weekly home visits to low income families to read with the children and to lend them books, helping children to enjoy reading and provide an opportunity for parents to take an active role in their children’s education. Doorstep Libraries allow volunteers to befriend the parents and to reach out to those families most in need helping them to access local community services.
This is an exciting time to join Doorstep Library, with plans to expand projects in to new London Boroughs. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious fundraiser to make their mark in a newly created position in a growing charity, with the aim of increasing income from trusts & foundations, alongside working with the director to ensure the effective running of the charity. If you can demonstrate that you have the potential and demonstrable skills and passion, we are happy to train you.
- Assist the Director in the running of the charity;
- Assisting with the development and delivery of an ongoing fundraising strategy;
- Using excellent writing skills to put together trusts and foundations funding bids, with the support and guidance of the Director;
- To manage the charity’s fundraising operations including coordinating prospect research and prioritisation, managing workflows, and ensuring effective stewardship of supporters.
Responsible to: Director;
Responsible for: Supporting the Director in a range of duties, including trusts and foundations fundraising, governance and HR.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Assisting the Director in developing and undertaking strategic plans and co-ordinating organisational work streams;
- Prepare reports for the Director;
- To prepare high-quality presentations, reports and fundraising materials as needed;
- To work with the Programme and Marketing Managers to research local statistics to ensure that funding information, reports and applications accurately reflect the projects and the local community;
- To organise and support any events which may require evening and weekend work;
- To work with the Director to plan a funding timetable to meet the needs of the charity’s plans;
- Research new funding opportunities and keep a record of all enquiries;
- Identify potential sources of funds including charitable trusts, individuals and the local community, and assist with generating funds for the organisation’s activities;
- To write compelling and professionally-presented funding bids, each tailored for its audience and making the case for supporting the charity in the most persuasive terms;
- Ensure appropriate systems and procedures are in place to manage fundraising campaigns and donor contacts effectively;
- To ensure the operation of failsafe systems for supporter thank you's, acknowledgements and reports;
- Keep records of fundraising activities and money raised;
- Providing support to the Director for HR and recruitment duties, including on-boarding new staff members and trustees and providing training where necessary.
- To carry out all duties and responsibilities in line with Doorstep Library Network policies and procedures;
- To positively promote the work and activities of the charity at all times;
- To undertake additional duties as from time to time may be required.
- Wholehearted committed to and engaged with the work that we do, with a fierce belief in the difference it can make to children, families and the community;
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Experience of working collaboratively with colleagues across departments;
- Excellent all round communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly, pitch succinctly and write in an engaging, tailored manner to a range of audiences;
- Drive, enthusiasm and determination to deliver against targets;
- Ability to prioritise, plan and organise own workload;
- A positive team player, working with, supporting and encouraging colleagues;
- Excited by the prospect of playing a vital role in building Doorstep Library’s income streams as part of our ambitious expansion plans across London;
- Ability to work flexibly, adapting to rapidly changing demands and opportunities while retaining a clear strategic focus;
- Excellent organisation and administration skills, with the ability to pay attention to detail and use office systems;
- Take pride in being supremely efficient, very well organised and display excellent time-management skills.
The application date for this position is rolling and we are reviewing applications as we receive them. Please don't hesitate to get in touch with Charlotte Wilmot, Director, Eardley Wilmot, with any questions about the role, and to send your CV and covering letter as soon as you are ready to apply to email@example.com.
We very much look forward to hearing from you.