Senior Media Manager - Digital
As our creative and highly motivated Senior Media Manager you'll lead efforts to harness the power of content – particularly video and photography – in news and PR campaigns. You'll oversee a transformation of our newsroom, ensuring we are maximising our use of digital and social media.
Our Policy, Advocacy, and Campaigns department is where we drive political agendas at national and global levels. We’ve integrated lobbying, policy, research and campaigning into one agile, powerful engine for change. Together, we save children’s lives, fight for their rights and help them fulfil their potential.
Sitting in our fast-moving Media Team but working closely with the Creative and Digital Teams, as Senior Media Manager you will think strategically about how we can better appeal to digital-first newsrooms and online media platforms, working to embed digital and multimedia into our established practices. You'll use your editorial judgement to pick out newsworthy stories and ensure they're told in a compelling visual way.
You will also:
- Commission, deliver and drive our content, with a focus on long-term campaigns and positioning Save the Children as a top UK emergency response agency.
- Lead the development and implementation of our digital and new media strategy.
- Line manage the Digital Media Manager.
- Manage the development, production and pitching of video / photographic materials into key media outlets.
- Map and target multimedia outlets and providers, establishing key contacts.
You will have a background in journalism or documentary production, and will have worked in an international setting. You will be an excellent writer and editor, with significant understanding of social and new media practices and trends, a wide network of contacts, experience of commissioning and producing striking visual content, and of managing and leading content gathering teams.
You will additionally have:
- An understanding of and passion for the international development and humanitarian issues that form the foundation of Save the Children's work.
- The ability to identify new ways to tell stories visually to help us achieve media cut-through on issues off the news agenda.
- Forward-planning ability, in order to develop content and strategies for key moments and campaigns.
- The ability to respond quickly and effectively to breaking news, working with our field teams to collect compelling content in a timely fashion.
- Exceptional communication, diplomacy, collaboration and multitasking skills.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
If you share our belief in the power of children, join the fight. It takes relentless determination, creativity and a real commitment to real change. Because every child should be able to make their mark on their world, and help to build a better future. We look forward to hearing from you.
This role is a 12 months Fixed Term Contract.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing Date: 4th November 2018