Trinity provides skilled, compassionate care and support to people with progressive, life-limiting illnesses and those close to them. We support people living in our central and south west London community, at home and at the hospice.
Trinity has been providing this vital support for over 125 years - last year we cared for over 2,300 people.
Our business is complex: we have nearly 300 paid staff and 500 volunteers working in the hospice and our 29 charity shops, and we are planning to increase our turnover to £14m this year. But we also offer the ability to move quickly, to be entrepreneurial and creative. We are seeking an experienced senior finance professional, who will be a qualified accountant, to lead the finance function and play a key role in the Hospice’s Executive Team as we drive for continuous innovation and improvement.
- As a member of the Executive Team, lead and ensure the implementation of the financial strategy for Royal Trinity Hospice and Trinity Hospice Shops Ltd.
- Provide strong corporate leadership, individually and as a member of the Executive Team, contributing to key decisions, policy development and strategy.
- Ensure the operation of a strongly performing finance function
- Lead and develop the finance team to support the business in a proactive, timely and customer-focused fashion, responding flexibly to changing priorities.
- Provide reporting, analysis and assurance to the Board Finance & Resources Committee and the Shops Board on all aspects of Trinity’s financial strategy and financial risk management.
- Act as Company Secretary and ensure compliance with all statutory and legal requirements including tax.
- Professional accountancy qualification.
- Demonstrable experience of leading and developing a finance team.
- Ability to demonstrate corporate leadership across the organisation as part of an Executive Team.
- Experience of and understanding of wider governance responsibilities within an organisation: maintaining a risk register, information governance duties.
- Experience of leading change in staff teams.
For further information and details on how to apply, please visit www.berwickpartners.co.uk/69470
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisor Sandra Hamovic at Berwick Partners on 0207 529 6332.
Closing date for applications: Monday 12th November 2018