Office Manager (maternity cover)
Office Manager (maternity cover)
Salary: £28,000 - £35,000
Location: Hammersmith Hospital, London W12
Full-time but applications to work 4 days a week will be considered
One year fixed term contract
Our client, a Medical Research Trust, is looking to recruit an Office Manager for a one year maternity cover post. This role comes during an exciting period of growth for the Charity which will see it double in size over the next three years.
About The Trust
Founded in 1978, the Trust, based at Imperial College London, is the largest collaboration of reproductive health researchers in the UK.
It is the only charity of its kind to lie consistently at the heart of original leading-edge scientific research investigating why and how things can go wrong with conception, pregnancy and birth, and cancers that affect women; delivering real evidence-based results for medical treatments and outcomes of worldwide significance.
They fund research that will make the most difference to people wanting to become parents. By supporting internationally-renowned scientists and doctors to collaborate across UK hospitals, universities and their own state-of-the-art research facilities, they speed up the pace of progress and ensure that they will continue to make the breakthroughs they know are possible.
Our client is a small charity and the Office Manager role offers an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to have an impact across the Organisation. The post holder will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the office, as well as taking the lead on several functions including, the administration of the grant-making process, providing HR support, and ensuring the Charity’s compliance with Data Protection and Health and Safety regulations. The post holder will report to the Chief Executive and provide them with diary assistance and support.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Manage and maintain the office facilities, equipment, systems and supplies
- Responsible for ensuring the Trust’s compliance with health and safety regulations, in conjunction with Imperial College London
- Provide administrative HR support including recruitment of new staff, running the appraisal process, ensuring personnel records are kept up-to-date, recording staff annual leave and sick leave
- Ensure charity policies are updated
- Act as lead on data protection issues and compliance with GDPR
- Administer the grant-making process and act as first point of contact for current and potential recipients of funding
- Organise and minute meetings of the Scientific Advisory Committee
- Provide assistance to the CEO including the management of their diary
- Provide ad-hoc assistance across the Charity as required
The successful candidate will have experience working in a university or charity environment. Experience within a grant-making organisation would be particularly beneficial.
Benefits of working for this Trust:
- Generous holiday allowance and additional time off over Christmas and Easter
- Work with a small, friendly team
- Work in the same building where the labs are based - be inspired by world-class research happening on the floors above you every day
- Opportunity to work closely with the Founder and Chairman.
- You will be joining during a period of growth where it will be possible to train, gain new skills and make the role your own
If you are someone with excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to build internal and external relationships with key stakeholders, is well-organised with a positive attitude and the ability to prioritise a large workload this role is for you. Please apply today.
Closing date: Sunday 21 October, 10pm
Interviews: Week commencing 29 October
Start Date: 3 December 2018
To Apply and for More Information:
* After you have followed the job board process, you will receive an email from CHM Recruit with further details on how to complete your application *
Please disregard any automated email correspondence from the job board itself and check your email inbox and spam / junk mail folder.
No agencies please.