Data & Systems Manager
Greenpeace exists because this fragile earth deserves a voice. It needs solutions. It needs change. It needs action.
Greenpeace is a non-profit environmental organization with a presence in 55 countries. We expose global environmental problems and force positive changes through research, lobbying and non-violent direct action. We are now calling on brave and inspiring individuals to join us.
Data & Systems Manager
Summary/purpose of the position
Are you an experienced data and systems expert with a passion for building effective data management practices and systems?
Greenpeace East Asia (GPEA) is looking for a Data & Systems Manager to establish and lead the best practice of data management and data governance within GPEA. Reporting to the Deputy Director – Head of Data, Insights & Strategy within the Fundraising & Engagement Department, this position is also responsible for managing the fundraising Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems (a customized Salesforce system in Hong Kong and Taiwan, and a South Korea local system), engagement system, payment gateways, and business intelligence systems.
This role can be based in either Hong Kong, Taipei or Seoul.
- Manage a regional team across Hong Kong, Taipei and Seoul offices.
- Establish and implement effective data governance and data management practices within GPEA.
- Ensure data is handled appropriately and securely; that data privacy laws and other data handling best practices are complied with.
- Develop a data strategy to drive effective integration between fundraising database and other Greenpeace databases or systems, such as the Greenpeace websites, Finance system, mass-mailing systems and email marketing and petition systems.
- Manage the day-to-day operation of the fundraising CRM systems, engagement systems, payment gateways and business intelligence systems. Ensure that these systems are effective and fit for purpose.
- Provide information to Fundraising/Deputy Directors, Direct Dialogue teams, Supporter Services teams and other related staff with accurate data/reports required to perform their various duties in a timely and efficient manner
This Data & Systems Manager position requires strong team leadership, hands-on experience and knowledge in both data management and systems management in an operational environment, including but not limited to the following:
- Solid experience in establishing and implementing the DAMA Data Management Body of Knowledge (DMBOK) and data governance frameworks (such as the Data Governance Institute Data Governance Framework).
- Certified Data Management Professional or equivalent would be highly desirable.
- Experienced Salesforce Certified Administrator and prior experience with data warehouse business intelligence would be highly regarded.
- Database management, in particular the ability to query with SQL language and development.
- Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or related fields; post graduate degree such as Master of Business Administration would be highly regarded.
How to apply
This is a 3 years contract subject to renewal. Interested parties, please submit your cover letter to explain your motivation to apply the position and resume here: http://www.greenpeace.org/hk/about/careers/ or email to email@example.com. Please note if you fail to submit motivation letter your application will be deprioritized.
(All information collected for recruitment purpose only)