Pay Scale: £30,450 per annum
Hours of Work: Full Time (35 hours plus 5 hours unpaid breaks)
Line Manager: Head of Outreach and Marketing
- 7% Pension Contribution after 3 months
- Childcare Vouchers
- 25 days annual leave (increasing one day per year) + bank holidays
Duties and responsibilities
- Contribute to developing the strategy for department, including attracting young people into City Gateway (through various routes), ensuring they are suitable for our programme, and ensuring they retain for the duration of their probation period
- Become an expert in City Gateway’s delivery model, understanding all the options available to service users whilst recognising opportunities for further development
- Partner with delivery managers and marketing managers to create a suite of materials to support outreach work
- Contribute to developing the strategy for our women’s programmes and support in the delivery of outreach to vulnerable women engaging them with City Gateway
- City Gateway’s “Target Population” refers to the type of young people we want to bring into our services. The job holder will be required to continually review this against the requirements; making recommendations for change if/when necessary.
- Meet organisational requirements for acquisition of target population
- Monitor and report back on target population targets and use this to continually feed in to outreach delivery
- Facilitate the appropriate volume of target population recruitment through strategic outreach planning
Outreach & Partnership
- Develop and maintain referral routes for service users into City Gateway’s delivery programmes provision by building mutually beneficial relationships with education provisions, community partners and other third sector organisations
- Effectively record and report on partnership work using City Gateway’s existing CRM and IM systems, such that future work can be strategically planned and evidence based
- Promote knowledge of local provision for signposting in order to provide quality information, advice and guidance within team
- Jobholder will be required to own the delivery of Outreach and work closely with other departments such as Youth Development to generate delivery opportunities, in line with the overall strategy.
- Work with the wider Development team, specifically marketing, to develop a broad and loud external voice, championing the City Gateway brand at relevant community and industry events to attract referral partners and young people into City Gateway’s services
- Partner with the Marketing Executive to lead the delivery of effective and innovative marketing campaigns across a variety of platforms to attract service users to City Gateway
Data & Analysis
- Take ownership of the data of learners coming on to course and continually monitor trends and use insight to shape outreach planning
- Keep abreast with and apply learnings from research and data on our target population within our outreach work to ensure we are connecting with our target audience
- Work with the Strategic Information team to build reporting structures that cover (but are not limited to):
- Enrolment volumes against targets
- % of Target Population we work with against targets
- Retention of service users against method of acquisition to enable effective long-term planning
- Progression of service users against method of acquisition to enable effective long-term planning
Due to the nature of City Gateway’s service users the post holder may experience challenging behaviour whilst in their role.
They may also experience disclosures of a complex nature from service users.
May be asked to work outside of normal hours from time to time when required e.g. if attending youth work sessions etc
Please download the Job Description below for more information. This role requires the successful candidate to complete a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check in compliance with City Gateway’s DBS & Risk Assessment Policy.
How to apply:
To apply, please send in a CV accompanied by a Covering Letter explaining your interest in working for City Gateway and your suitability for the role. We look forward to hearing from you!
Closing Date: 31st October 2018. However, applications will be reviewed on an on-going basis so would encourage applications are submitted as soon as they are ready.
Interview Date: TBC