Would you like to join a passionate fundraising team to launch and lead on legacy giving? Royal British Legion Industries is using a milestone Centenary Year to start a legacy giving programme. The charity is looking for a fundraiser with a good knowledge of legacy giving to take up this interesting and rewarding part-time role (22 hours per week to be worked 3 or 4 days). The role will suit a proactive and independent person with a demonstrable and consistent track record building programmes and income over time.
- This role will be office-based with some Kent travel.
- Potentially evening and weekend presentations on the Village or with local groups.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Knowledge of legacy giving, and the critical success factors.
- Experience working in a busy target-driven office environment.
- Experience of telephone or face to face sales.
- Significant experience of sensitive customer service.
- Proven track record achieving sales targets.
- Proven track record growing income over time.
- Able to present and interpret financial information and projections.
- Able to research, assess and initiate new opportunities.
- Able to recruit, encourage, develop, support, motivate and manage individuals, and groups, to engage supporters as well as getting people to help “spread the word”.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, able to build strong relationships, make supporters feel appreciated and deliver formal presentations.
- Able to work as part of a team, to see and understand the big picture and contribute effectively to team plans and goals.
- IT literate – use of word-processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint and especially databases.
- Experience working as part of a team and contributing to team plans and activities.
- Experience in developing and organising donor cultivation events.
- Track record of identifying, establishing and retaining effective new supporters
- Experience managing community groups for fundraising.
- Track record managing successful fundraising events and achieving event targets.
- A degree and or relevant professional qualifications.
- A professional working manner and approach is essential.
- A team player.
- Honesty and proactivity is essential.
- Well organised.
- Able to motivate others and be supportive to the wider team goals.
- To hold a full UK driving licence and be prepared to travel throughout the Kent area.
- Willing and able to work weekends and evenings if required.
RBLI offer 25 days holiday per annum pro rata, a Group Flexible Retirement Plan and Life Assurance.
If you wish to be considered for the above role, forward your CV and covering letter including a supporting statement to email@example.com.
* RBLI reserves the right to remove a vacancy at any time prior to the published closing date.
RBLI is an equal opportunities employer.
Apply for Legacy Fundraiser
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly