Community & Events Fundraiser
Royal British Legion Industries is looking for a proactive and ambitious Community Fundraiser to help us maximise our Centenary in 2019. If you have a solid track record building income from Community and events fundraising and would like this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to help a brilliant charity celebrate a milestone Centenary year, please apply today. You will have the opportunity to work across events, groups, and partnerships, and will be able to both shape and build the community giving programme at an exciting time.
- This role will be office based with travel and occasional evening and weekend work.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience in developing and organising fundraising events.
- Able to develop, implement and monitor plans, present budgets and interpret financial information.
- Able to research, assess and initiate new opportunities.
- Able to recruit, encourage, develop, support, motivate and manage individuals, groups, to maximise their own fundraising or their event success.
- Able to manage the detailed content involved in function/event management, take an active lead at an event, and supervise key volunteers involved in such activities.
- Able to use interpersonal skills to engage effectively with others, understand what motivates them and respond appropriately.
- Written communication skills and a high level of numeracy to be able to produce a range of work e.g. business plans, evaluations, event marketing material, press releases, letters, and presentations.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, able to build strong relationships, make supporters feel appreciated and deliver more formal presentations.
- Able to work as part of a team, to see and understand the big picture and contribute effectively to team plans and goals.
- IT literate – use of word-processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint and databases.
- At least 3 years proven track record of successful income generation from within the community and events fundraising sector and or able to demonstrate transferable skills from the commercial sector.
- Track record of identifying, establishing and retaining effective new supporters and fundraising committees/groups.
- Track record of working with business communities and regional social networks.
- Experience of working as part of a team and contributing to team plans and activities.
- Track record of managing successful fundraising events and achieving event targets, including gala events.
- A degree is desirable and or relevant professional qualifications.
- To hold a full UK driving licence and be prepared to travel throughout the area.
- Willing and able to work weekends and evenings when required.
RBLI offer 25 days holiday per annum pro rata, a Group Flexible Retirement Plan and Life Assurance.
If you wish to be considered for the above role, forward your CV and covering letter including a supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* RBLI reserves the right to remove a vacancy at any time prior to the published closing date.
RBLI is an equal opportunities employer.