Development Manager (Part Time)
The National Literacy Trust is a national charity dedicated to raising literacy levels in the UK. We run projects in the poorest communities, campaign to make literacy a priority for politicians and parents, and support schools. Our mission is to give young people the literacy skills they need to get a job and lead a successful life.
One person in seven in the UK has poor literacy skills that impact on every area of their life. A child without good reading, writing and communication skills can’t succeed at school, and as an adult they could be locked out of the job market. Poverty doubles the likelihood of literacy failure by the age of five.
We’re recruiting a part time Development Manager to support our new National Literacy Trust Hub in Swindon. You will manage local fundraising activity, building partnerships with businesses and the wider community in order to generate income to sustain our work.
- Salary of £28,000 - £32,000 per annum pro rata
- Pension scheme
- The chance to play a vital role in increasing literacy levels in the area
- Develop your career with an ambitious, forward-thinking charity
- 28 days’ holiday pro rata plus Bank Holidays and a Christmas closure
If you are a passionate fundraising professional dedicated to creating a better future, this is a fantastic chance to join a charity whose work transforms lives every day.
This is a part time role (17.5 hours) with scope for flexible and home working.
In this vital position, you’ll be developing the funding we need to give disadvantaged children access to greater opportunities in an increasingly challenging world and change their lives forever.
As a Development Manager, you will be responsible for driving fundraising in Wiltshire and Swindon to support the National Literacy Trust Swindon Hub.
Identifying and securing new fundraising partners, you will manage relationships and focus on corporate and community fundraising.
Specifically, you will:
- Develop relationships with businesses, individuals, trusts and foundations
- Secure new fundraising streams through research, networking and lead generation
- Research, write and present funding bids, proposals and documentation
- Work to clear income targets
- Work closely with the Swindon Hub Manager as well as being part of the national Development function
- Act as a key driver of our fundraising events
To be considered as a Development Manager, you will need:
- Charity fundraising experience, specifically from the corporate sector or community fundraising
- Experience of developing and managing relations in the corporate sector
- Voluntary sector experience
- Excellent communication skills and a passion for making a difference
- A flexible and open attitude with a positive and solution-based approach
We are eager to hear from you if you have held the position of Development Manager, Fundraising Manager, Charitable Fundraising Manager, Relationship Development Manager, Corporate Fundraising Manager, Community Fundraising Manager or Fundraising Officer.
Please note that the closing date for this role is 10am on 30th October 2018.
Webrecruit and the National Literacy Trust are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re ready to make a difference as a Development Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.