Lepra is a UK based charity working to beat Leprosy.
Due to fear and lack of knowledge, there are over 3 million people across the world living with undiagnosed leprosy and every day the disease causes more damage to their health, livelihood and future.
We work directly with communities in Bangladesh, India and Mozambique to find, diagnose and rehabilitate people affected by leprosy. Through raising awareness, pushing for early detection and reducing stigma we support people so they can transform their lives.
We are looking to recruit a Trustee who will take on the role of Honorary Treasurer, to join our high calibre board, and as part of that role, to chair the Audit, Finance and Risk Committee.
The successful candidate will ;
- be a qualified accountant with demonstrated commercial awareness and knowledge
- have proven ability to communicate and explain financial information to members of a Board and other stakeholders
- have analytical and evaluation skills, demonstrating good judgement.
- have an understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
- have good communication and leadership skills
- have experience and knowledge of commercial or charity risk management.
The Board meets 4 times a year and the Treasurer is expected to be available an additional 4 times a year for the subcommittee. The meetings are held at 4.30pm or 5pm generally in a location in the City of London.
A full application pack can be obtained from the email address below and an informal discussion can be arranged.