Executive Assistant to the Board
Reports to: Board Directors
Location: Due to the nature of this role location will be flexible but ideally the postholder would be able to work one day a week from one of their member societies' offices, preferrably from offices in High Wycombe, UK. However, for the right individual, they would be prepared to consider appropriate alternative arrangements as the role can be fully performed on a remote working basis.
Hours: 20hrs per week
Salary: Depending on experience, +/-€20,000 per annum.
Type of contract: Consultancy contract
The role: A supporting role to the Directors of our client providing an efficient, confidential, organising and liaison function. Assisting in organising, planning and implementing the Directors’ workload to ensure the organisation runs smoothly and effectively. Acting as liaison point with key stakeholders and their Member societies on behalf of their Board, working with minimal supervision.
Founded in 1988, our client is an independent,non-profit organisation. It is the umbrella organisation of European national coeliac societies with currently 36 enrolled Member societies across Europe and internationally. They represent people who are affected by coeliac disease or dermatitis herpetiformis (DH) and seeks to collaborate with international coeliac organisations worldwide. The Association is actively involved in several international initiatives to raise awareness of coeliac disease, to promote research into the diagnosis and management of this illness.
• Act as first point of call for Association and screen Board’s incoming emails and post
• Drafting papers and annual reports
• Respond to enquiries
• Website administration to include setting up user accounts, creating News and Events items, uploading files to the Depository section, adding/removing Members, maintaining Home page
• Maintaining an up-to-date database of Member society contacts and their member numbers for BMF calculation
• Co-ordinating Board members’ travel arrangements
• Recruiting staff
• Supporting external consultants
• Liaising with IT support to ensure uninterrupted website and email service
• Maintaining and organizing electronic and hard copy filing
• Keeping computer security software updated
• Bookkeeping: cash account entries
• Preparing monthly payments and ensuring timely payments of all outstanding invoices for them
• Processing expense claims
• Producing invoices for annual Membership fees and ELS fees
• Credit control
• Regularly checking their bank accounts and drawing statements
• Liaising with Belgian bookkeeper and auditors for VAT returns and end of year accounts
• Creating draft budgets for Treasurer
• Creating comparison of actual vs. budget costs for each Board meeting
• Ensuring they are compliant with all legal duties relating to its charitable registration in Belgium
• Forward planning of meeting co-ordination and logistics
• Compiling meeting papers
• Setting up conference calls across multiple countries and time zones
• Taking minutes
• Following up on action points from preceding meeting
• Liaising with their Working Groups to set up meetings and conference calls as required
General Assembly (GA):
• Liaising with hosting society to monitor accuracy of dedicated GA website content
• Communicating GA registration details to All Members in timely manner
• Monitoring participant list
• Administrating sponsorship requests for GA participation including setting up payments
• Producing first draft of the Board Directors’ report
• Sending the Board Directors’ Report to All Members 4 weeks prior to the GA.
• Prepare GA materials according to the GA checklist
• Take minutes and prepare first draft
• Follow up of actions agreed at the GA
• Promote activities around International Coeliac Day on 16 May using website and networks
• Issue quarterly newsletter
• Design and printing of promotional materials
• Researching and networking with coeliac organisations outside Europe
• Preparation and transportation of promotional materials
• Liaising with organisers
• Organising joint international exhibitions
• Event promotion using website and other free resources
Project manage small scale projects, such as roll out of a new website, that may arise from time to time
And any other duties commensurate with the accountabilities of the post.
Qualification & Training:
Educated to degree level standard or equivalent in Business or Management is desirable.
5 years previous experience in a similar role;
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
• Outstanding English language skills, French and German language skills are an advantage
• Strong organisational and communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills with an approachable personality
• to multitask
• to be proactive
• to work under minimal supervision
• to be discrete and have a good understanding of issues around confidentiality
• to work under pressure and be adaptable to last minute changes
• to pay high attention to detail
• to work in a flexible manner – out of hours as required.
• to appropriately represent the company externally with key stakeholders
Please apply online with your CV and a cover letter.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable
Apply for Executive Assistant to the Board
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly