Chief Operating Officer
Title: Chief Operating Officer
Working base: Flitwick
Area covered: Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £36,000 - £37,500 pa
Hours: 37 hours per week Mon-Fri
Checks needed: Enhanced DBS and 2 satisfactory references
To plan, develop, direct and oversee the management of Mind BLMK’s current and future programmes; ensure the efficiency of service delivery and operations for sustainability and growth; execute and monitor long and short term plans.
- Ensure and oversee an organisational service structure and resources fit for service delivery; line manage relevant post holders as appropriate.
- Oversee the management of an effective workforce for all operations and service delivery, including recruitment and performance management issues.
- Identify own and workforce training and development needs and recommend appropriate training activities.
- Recommend and manage changes required in structure and activities to respond to service user needs.
- Be responsible for the monitoring of budgets and the control of expenditure relating to operations.
- Ensure the financial resources allocated to run activities and venues is spent in the most cost-effective way.
- With the Chief Executive, develop and implement Mind BLMK’s short, medium and long term finance strategy in line with the Business Plan.
- Oversee the operational management of Mind BLMK’s services.
- Be the designated Safeguarding Lead for Mind BLMK.
- Ensure that activities meet and integrate with organisational requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal compliance, ethical policies and general duty of care.
- Senior and relevant management experience in a Health/Social Care environment
- Relevant qualifications and/or demonstrable professional background and experience
- Strong people management skills, including managing senior staff who have own direct reports
- Suitable level of financial analysis; contribute to the developing, managing and reporting on budgets
- 2+ years in a senior and significant operations management position
Closing date: Thursday 18th October at 9am
Interview date: Friday 26th October
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please click the button to be directed to our website to download the information pack and application form.
No agencies please.