OMS Challenge Events & Community Fundraising Manager (CECFM)
Company Name: Overcoming Multiple Sclerosis (OMS)
Contact: Kaur Kooner
Vacancy: OMS Challenge Events & Community Fundraising Manager (CECFM)
Salary: Between £32,000 and £38,000 p.a. dependant on skills and experience
Overcoming MS is a small, yet rapidly growing and dynamic charity bringing a fresh approach to the multiple sclerosis community in the UK and around the world. We raise awareness of a progressive, evidence-based approach to the management of multiple sclerosis symptoms and provide tangible support to those diagnosed with this condition.
We seek an experienced person who has specifically been involved in the running of challenge and mass participation fundraising events, as well as experience supporting communities to fundraise on the charity’s behalf.
Key Responsibilities for the Challenge Events and Community Fundraising Manager include:
- Lead in the planning and delivery of a portfolio of events, including challenge and mass participation, with the objective to increase net income year on year
- Identify and pursue new event opportunities that are an appropriate fit with the organisations key audience
- Manage various giving platforms which includes Just Giving, Facebook Giving etc.
- Develop relationships with supporters and steward them towards other areas of fundraising, such as regular giving
The successful candidate for the Challenge Events and Community Fundraising Manager role will be highly organised with a broad and dynamic skillset and the appetite to run with a new opportunity.
You’ll be joining a growing and entrepreneurial team as well as being part of our wider OMS community that seeks to support and empower those with MS. It is important that you feel comfortable working within the ethos and spirit of our community.
The values and behaviours that would most readily support this role, include:
- Collaborative – Proactive member of the OMS team, willing to share expertise and offer support to other teams for the benefit of the organisation as a whole
- Personable – Proactive approach to developing honest relationships with individuals, including supporters, beneficiaries and donors
- Effective and Efficient – Results driven and self-motivate to achieve the best possible outcomes through best practice and continuous development
- Communicator – Effectively and passionately be able to communicate to others about the cause and inspire action in others
We anticipate that the person who is the perfect fit for this exciting role will have:
- Demonstrable experience of managing a broad range of fundraising events
- Experience of planning and delivering supporter care programmes
- Experience of recruiting supporters through various channels, including digital
- Excellent communication skills- both written and verbal
You will be joining us at a pivotal time in our growth and enjoy committed, enthusiastic and experienced colleagues. We offer satisfying work in a team-oriented environment and an attractive salary between £32,000 and £38,000 p.a. for this role.
If this sounds like you and you would like to apply, please email your CV and a two page supporting statement that gives details of how you meet the criteria required for this role, and also, please give details as to why you would like to work for Overcoming MS.
All applications should be emailed to email@example.com no later than 12pm on 29th October 2018.
Overcoming MS will begin screening candidates prior to the closing date and an invitation to interview and appointment could be made ahead of this date. Candidates are strongly advised to send their applications as soon as possible. First round interviews are likely to take place w/c Monday 5th November 2018, with second interviews scheduled for the following week.