Global Corruption Investigator - Oxford
Global Corruption Investigator (FIN0428)
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty. That means we tackle the inequality that keeps people poor. Together we save, protect and rebuild lives. When disaster strikes, we help people build better lives for themselves, and for others. We take on issues like land rights, climate change and discrimination against women. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can enjoy life free from poverty.
We are an international confederation of 20 organizations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
The anti-corruption team exists to help Oxfam to reduce fraud and corruption to an absolute minimum.
About the Role:
In this key role, you’ll be instrumental in the delivery and ongoing development of our anti-corruption programme. Advising the organisation and training managers, staff and others in anti-corruption strategies and procedures, the work you do will span the full breadth of our global operations. As well as supporting and influencing managers in the UK and further afield, you’ll have the opportunity to plan and conduct investigations. That means collecting and analysing data, producing high-quality reports and identifying areas of risk and potential improvement.
What you’ll need:
- Experience of conducting and managing fraud or corruption investigations
- Excellent English language (oral and written)
- Able and willing to travel throughout the world, including to hardship environments and at short notice, spending up to 50% of their time deployed abroad
- If not already an accredited Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) or Accredited Counter-Fraud Specialist (ACFS), then able and willing to become certified within 18 months of commencing employment
- Good knowledge of relevant legal frameworks, such as the UK Bribery Act 2010 and employment/labour laws
What can Oxfam offer you in this role?
- Fair pay and competitive benefits package (see our Oxfam’s Promise attachment for more details)
- The opportunity to use your talents and expertise to tackle poverty
- A flexible and supportive workplace, with excellent work-life balance and ample opportunities for career progression and development
Does this sound like you? If so, please click on the ‘Apply' button.
Oxfam is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those that are suitable to work within our values are recruited to work for us.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation.
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks.