Chief Executive Officer
Bankside Open Spaces Trust is an award winning environmental and volunteering charity that works with people to design, build, maintain and protect parks and gardens in the SE1 area of London. Set up in 2000 and predominately operating in spaces from Waterloo to London Bridge, they work closely with local communities, residents and local businesses to make a difference. They have helped to create and look after over 45 individual parks and gardens. These include Red Cross Garden, Waterloo Green, Diversity Garden, Marlborough Sports Garden, Tate Modern Community Garden, Crossbones Garden and Mint Street Park.
Bankside Open Spaces Trust are now looking to recruit a new Chief Executive Officer to lead this next phase of their development. As part of their ongoing growth, the organisation is looking to increase income generation, developing commercial opportunities by utilising their venues and land more effectively, and the new Chief Executive Officer will play a key role in driving this initiative.
The Chief Executive Officer will provide exceptional leadership and motivation to the staff team and volunteers at Bankside Open Spaces Trust, and will be responsible for building new networks and partnerships to ensure long-term sustainability for the organisation, with a particular focus on corporate funding and promoting the public profile of the organisation. In addition to identifying new income opportunities, the CEO will ensure effective governance, financial stability and execution of operational plans, while at all times championing a collaborative and inclusive staff culture. The CEO will also lead the development of new and existing projects, ensuring they are financially viable and competitive.
Experience and skills to ideally include:
- Leadership experience, including those with the ability, ambition and leadership qualities to 'step up' into their first Chief Executive role
- Demonstrable experience of income generation and project development from business, central and local government, charitable trusts and individuals
- Networking and stakeholder engagement skills, with a track record of building effective relationships with funders, patrons, and delivery partners
- Demonstrable experience of managing assets such as buildings, sports facilities or land
- Experience of managing/overseeing events, venue hire, office rental
- Experience of balancing programmes or work streams with different priorities, partners and funding requirements
- Financial and business planning / budgetary control skills including experience of developing programme pricing and delivery models
- Knowledge and understanding of the voluntary sector and community organisations
- A collegiate and consultative approach
- Understanding of digital and marketing (desirable)
If you would like to know more information about Bankside Open Spaces Trust and this exciting new opportunity please call Steven Fraser at Prospectus on 0207 400 6373 for an informal chat. To apply, please submit your CV via the "Apply" button below. Please upload your CV in Word format and include a supporting statement as part of your application, addressing your experience in relation to the key points on the person specification, which should be no longer than 2 sides of A4.
A Prospectus consultant will review and assess all submitted applications. As part of the selection process, candidates may be invited to meet with a consultant at our offices.
Following preliminary interviews with Prospectus, Bankside Open Spaces Trust plan to interview shortlisted candidates from w/c 5th November onwards