About The Forward Trust:
The Forward Trust are a charity and social enterprise providing support and recovery to offenders, and people with drug, alcohol or mental health problems – our Head Office is in London, and we support around 14,000 beneficiaries per year, and employ 450 staff and over 100 volunteers, with an annual turnover of around £23 million.
We have a deep belief in, and organisational culture based on, the ability of people with histories of crime or addiction to make transformational changes to their lives, and achieve great things as family members and in the community, in particular acting as role models to others. Over a third of our staff and volunteers have direct experience of prison or addiction, and we particularly welcome applications from potential Trustees who have lived experience of these issues.
Travel expenses reimbursed. Candidate should be available to attend 8 meetings minimum a year plus a number of service visits.
We are looking for new Trustees who will bring one or more of the following qualities to our work:
- Knowledge and understanding of the medical and psychosocial treatment of drug and alcohol addiction, and the clinical governance requirements covering this function.
- Knowledge and understanding of, and contacts in, the field of employment and skills as it relates to marginalised groups.
- Understanding of, and personal commitment to, abstinence based recovery – in particular the 12-step fellowships.
- Accounting and financial management expertise.
- Political and policy expertise and connections.
- Charitable fundraising expertise and connections.
Trustee – Essential Criteria:
The essential criteria for this recruitment are as follows:
- A commitment to the support and recovery of offenders and people with drug/alcohol problems. In particular, explicit support to the Vision, Mission and Principles of the organisation (articulated in the Business Plan – attached).
- Availability to attend four Board meetings per year, join at least one Board sub-committee (an additional four meetings per year), as well as a number of service visits, mainly outside London, as well as occasional discussions and events as required.
- Knowledge of charity trustee legal and governance responsibilities, and ability to take in complex information and exercise sound judgement.
Please select the apply link to apply. Alternatively send your expression of interest, CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org