Senior Media Officer
1 day left
- Contract Type
In this role you will play a key role in a busy press office for a leading homelessness charity. You will create and implement outstanding media and social media strategies that are ambitious, creative, and centered firmly around the experiences of people who are or who have been homeless.
You will also ensure the press team's work is fully integrated across the organisation, helping to advise colleagues on your work, developments in the media, and important news and events.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Play a key role in developing media strategies that puts homelessness and the experiences of homeless people at the forefront of the news agenda
- Generate coverage of the charity s key campaigns and fundraising initiatives, ensuring messages reach target audiences in key media outlets
- Working with the rest of the media team to build strong relationships with key national journalists and cover press duties
- Provide support and advice to a network of local campaigners across the country in generating coverage of their issues in the local media
- Create briefs and concepts for photography, audio and film shoots featuring their clients, volunteers and supporters. Set up PR stunts, photo calls and direct film and photography crews
- Keep abreast of communications developments at related organisations
- Travel around the UK and work outside of normal office hours as required, including as part of an out of hours rota
In order to apply for this role you will have the following experience:
- Significant experience of working with a busy press office ideally with medium to large sized charities
- Experience of developing and implementing high-profile integrated media strategies that have helped achieve organizational objectives, as well as a high volume of coverage across national and regional news outlets, and targeted consumer features
- Outside of standalone campaigns, the ability to develop long-term media strategies to ensure the voice of an organization particularly on key ongoing issues is heard and respected ensuring opportunities are plotted out in advance where possible, reactive opportunities are seized quickly and effectively, changes in the external landscape or taken into account, and journalist relationships are built and sustained
- Demonstrable skills of helping develop the effectiveness and efficiency of a media team, including ways of working, processes, systems, and best practices and how the team works with others across an organisation
- A solid track record of translating complex policy and research into compelling news and PR coverage
- Excellent social media skills that help get an organisations voice heard in relevant debates, generate interest in its campaigns, and grow their supporter base
The role is based in Central London, salary is £35,730, for a 1 year maternity cover position.
Please get in touch by e-mailing your CV to Hannah.firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP to avoid disappointment, please do this ahead of the closing date of Thursday 4th October
Apply for Senior Media Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly