It is a new role and they really want someone who can come in and shape it. They need someone with experience dealing with crisis communications, who is experienced and comfortable in a high pressure environment.
The Communications Manager is responsible for managing internal, trade related and consumer-facing communications and ensuring its messages are consistent.
Working with the Head of Comms and the appointed PR agency, the Communications Manager will develop and execute the communications plan. The role involves both pro-active, positive communications about the value of the business and reactive issues management.
Communications are required over broadcast, press and online / digital media channels.
- Developing an integrated communications strategy for the business incorporating PR and Online.
- Implementing communications plans to increase brand awareness and recognition for the organisation.
- Work with the PR agency to develop relationships with key media contacts to secure and grow media coverage both online and offline.
- Managing the website - producing content and updating as required.
- Writing press releases for consumer and trade-facing local and national media.
- Monitoring press stories relating to the company and its brand and maximising opportunities for positive PR.
- Collating and analysing current communications and messages and ensuring consistency.
- Developing and leading the company's internal communication strategy.
- Working with the Commercial Manager to communicate the benefits of the business to licensees and stakeholders in trade media.
- Coordinate on-line issues management and assist the Head of Comms and CEO in larger crisis management actions.
- Overseeing the annual communications budget and ensuring its use is fully maximised.