A leading Children's Charity based in Central London
- To devise and implement media and PR plans and tactics for national and regional activity, as directed by the Head of Media and PR, in keeping with organisational and team objectives.
- To lead on, and develop, the charity's media work around key organisational priorities.
- Identify and act on opportunities to grow the charity's media profile.
- To work to streamlined communications processes with the staff, including managers, to ensure high quality media activity.
- To help deliver the charities media and PR output, including devising supporting materials and both leading and assisting coverage on different media.
- To collaborate across multiple teams, in complex projects, under matrix-style management and working.
- To work with the Head of Media and PR and the digital team to help contribute to the charity's social media agenda
- Experience in developing and maintaining good relations with the media.
- Experience of working across multiple teams and divisions.
- Experience of initiating and planning media launches and campaigns.
- Experience of advising colleagues on media planning.
- Experience of handling the issues relating to children in the UK desirable, not essential.
- A creative flair and proven ability to initiative new ideas.
- A strong news sense and significant experience of the media.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Good understanding of, and some experience of, social media.
- Ability to juggle competing priorities, meet deadlines and work under pressure.
6 month interim position with permanent role to follow
Focused and experienced team of 4
Reporting directly into Head of Media