Established for medical professionals and students, this membership body's strong digital focus has proven them to be trailblazers in the industry. Simultaneously proud of their heritage and looking to the future, they create tailored products and services to meet the changing needs of the medical profession.
The key responsibilities of the Digital Editor role involves:
- Produce, commission and edit digital content such as pages, guides, podcasts, e-learning, videos, features and journal articles for the website, social media platforms, emails and apps that is engaging, relevant, useful and drives traffic.
- Manage the editorial and production process of the digital journals.
- Use analytics to measure the effectiveness of content and identify areas of improvement or new or redundant content.
- Work with the digital team to develop and manage the content strategy
- Make sure content is effectively organised within the website.
- Add, remove or edit content on the website and other digital platforms.
- Identify and prepare images and other multimedia content for use online.
- Ensure content is easily searchable online.
- Work primarily in London offices with occasional offsite visits.
To be successful and, more importantly, happy in this role, you'll likely have experience or passion in the following areas:
- Extensive editorial experience with a significant portion in Digital
- Ability to prepare high quality material in line with style guides
- Ability to take complex information and distil it into concise, readable and easily understandable web-ready copy
- An understanding or experience of writing within the medical and nursing industry is desirable but not essential
- Ability to form working relationships with internal staff on the basis of being able to understand their field
- Ability to deliver quality results under time pressure imposed by deadlines
Joining a remarkable and talented team, the Digital Editor will earn up to £40k with a generous pension contribution.