1 day left
- Contract Type
CHARITY DIRECTOR - LINDENGATE
The purpose of the Director is to achieve four key outcomes:
- Ongoing success and development of the charity (and any future subsidiaries) – through implementing the strategic aims of Lindengate as agreed by the Trustees, seeking to secure, develop and grow the charity’s work and reputation
- Accelerating the diversification of income through the development of new business and funding models
- Providing leadership to ensure that the necessary organisational structure, people and skills are in place to enable Lindengate to meet its strategic objectives
- That the founding vision behind the establishment of Lindengate is visibly maintained.
Leading and Managing
- Work with the Trustees to develop and implement the vision and strategy for the charity
- Provide effective, accountable and clear leadership of the charity’s staff, volunteers and financial resources
- Provide direct line management of the two co-founders and other positions in the Senior Management Team
- Responsible for day-to-day financial management of the charity, including budgets and management of risk
- Develop a three year business plan, incorporating an annual operating plan setting out objectives, milestones and measurable outcomes
- Ensure suitable staff development and training programme to meet the evolving needs of Lindengate, its staff and volunteers
- Ensure appropriate policies and procedures are in place and evolve as necessary
- Champion and display the values of Lindengate in all that you do.
- Final say on all Safeguarding decisions, if required
- Enhance and develop the mental health competences of the charity
- Develop the existing systems and processes to measure the social value and positive impact of the activities of the charity
- Development of services provided to Gardeners
- Site development in line with the charities objectives.
Promotion of the Charity
- Ensure the charity has a strong and positive public profile with stakeholders, key decision makers, and within the voluntary and community sector
- Develop and expand regional and national networks in both the mental health and horticultural sectors
- Represent the charity in public forums such as speaking at conferences, producing written material for a range of external channels.
Fundraising and Income generation
- Identify, develop and exploit new sources of income to maintain the work and influence of the charity
- Develop and build relationships with partners, supporters, funders and potential funders to maximise opportunities
- Provide direction and coordination to the fundraising team, ensuring priorities are clear and understood.
Working with the Trustee Board
- Provide in a timely manner all data, reports and proposals for discussion and decision making
- Support the Chair in developing proposals for discussion and decision.
PERSON SPECIFICATION – DIRECTOR
Proven skills and competence at a senior management level in the wider mental health sector
Capable of making Safeguarding decisions
Awareness of Ecotherapy and its application
Financial accounting competence
Excellent written and oral skills.
Clinical background in mental health such as RMN, S/W or OT
Awareness of Social & Therapeutic Horticulture (STH)
Project management qualification such as Prince 2
Strong computing skills.
Experience of leading teams at a senior management level
Evidence of significant budgetary responsibility
Variety of experience of the wider mental health sector
Experience of the local/regional mental health sector, contacts and networks.
Experience of the charity sector at a senior level
Experience of managing fundraising campaigns or teams
Published work such as articles
Understanding of the principles and practices of horticulture.
Able to speak confidently and articulately in public to large groups
Have an empathetic personality
Calm and professional
Firm on the issues of privacy & confidentiality.
Willing to ‘volunteer’ additional time as necessary, particularly in promoting the charity at events.
CLOSING DATE 19 OCTOBER 2018
To apply or for a Recruitment Pack email email@example.com
Apply for Charity Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly