Location: London, with occasional travel throughout UK
Hours: Full-time, 35 hours per week
Salary: £28,500 – £30,500 pa + Benefits
Contract type: Permanent
Closing date: by Midnight on Sunday 7 October 2018
Download the job description and person specification via the link to our website.
We are looking for a passionate and strategic campaigns officer to join our ambitious Campaigns team. By creating engaging and accessible campaigns to influence key decision makers, you will help us push back the limits of arthritis for the 10 million people living with the condition.
About the role
For people with arthritis and related conditions simple activities can become a daily struggle. From going to work, and interacting with family, to socialising with friends, or popping to the shops, people with arthritis cannot take these moments for granted. Many spend years with severe pain and fatigue, and often experience anxiety or depression. Alongside the personla impact, musculoskeletal conditions have a huge impact on society. They amount to the third largest area of NHS spending, and are the cause of one in fice working days lost in the UK.
At Versus Arthritis our dynamic Campaigns team sits in the Policy and Public Affairs department, together determining which issues to tackle the Government on. We then involve people with arthritis, creating engaging and accessible resources and activities to secure the attention of decision makers, and apply pressure to make positive change happen.
This role will be instrumental in making sure the stories of people with arthritis are communicated to decision makers, and that our campaigns apply pressure at the right time, to the right people, to make tangible change happen. We are thrilled to have launched Versus Arthritis, formed by the coming together of Arthritis Research UK and Arthritis Care. Campaigning is at the heart of the new organisation’s plans, and we want to bigger and bolder than ever.
The successful candidate will contribute to shaping our campaigning strategy and developing plans for how we increase our campaigning activity on a local and national level. This is an exceptional opportunity for someone who wants to transform lives and develop their campaigning skills.
You will bring:
- Enthusiasm for the role and commitment to transforming the lives of people with arthritis.
- Strong knowledge and experience of creating campaign activities and resources to influence change.
- Proven experience of working with volunteers and involving them in your projects.
- Ability to write content for a range of platforms and publications; translating complex ideas into simple and engaging messages.
- Strong verbal communications skills, with the confidence to speak to people at all levels about our work, and the ability to adapt your style for a variety of audiences.
- Excellent organisational skills, including experience of project managing, working independently, prioritising effectively and working to deadlines.
- Experience of building good working relationships with a variety of colleagues and promoting the work of the campaigns team internally.
- Experience of using contact databases, knowledge of policies and procedures concerning data governance and protection.
- Good attention to detail; consistently producing accurate work and identifying errors.
- A flexible approach, with the ability to adapt to the needs of the charity.
How to apply
To apply you MUST submit:
1. a concise, up-to-date CV
2. along with a supporting statement demonstrating how you meet the key requirements set out in the job description and person specification.
3. Please include where you’ve seen this role advertised
Email any questions about the role and your completed application by midnight on Sunday 7 October via the link on our wesbite.
First interviews expected: Thursday 18 and Friday 19 October in Farringdon, London
Second interviews expected: Friday 26 October in Farringdon, London
Arthritis causes pain, fatigue and isolation for 10 million people in the UK every single day. It can impact on the ability to work, our relationships and take away our independence. We don’t accept this.
We are Versus Arthritis. We are volunteers, healthcare professionals, researchers and friends, all doing everything we can to push back against arthritis. We’re reaching out to everybody with the information and support they need, funding vital research and changing the way society sees arthritis. Together we’ll keep running, researching, inﬂuencing, volunteering, advising, chatting, baking, listening. We won’t stop until no-one has to tolerate living with the pain, fatigue and isolation of arthritis.
Join us and use your skills, knowledge, passion and energy to help us defy arthritis.
Read more about what we do, working for us and what we offer on our website.
Promoting Equality in the workplace
Versus Arthritis is a Registered Charity No: 207711 and in Scotland No. SC041156