Individual Giving Manager
We are looking for an experienced Individual Giving Manager to develop and implement the Trust’s annual donor acquisition and donor development programmes so as to increase income and attract new supporters. The role will include the development of a comprehensive Individual Giving strategy and implementation plan with regular analysis of activities.
The Trust is in year one of a five year plan to grow the database of supporters and develop the value within the base, specifically in mid value, legacy, regular and cash giving.
The role's primary responsibilities will be:
- To develop and implement the Trust’s annual warm donor development and cold recruitment programmes in consultation with the Head of Fundraising.
- To prepare and monitor the annual income and expenditure budget with support from the Head of Fundraising.
- To be responsible for delivering campaigns against the agreed schedules, targets and budgets.
- To work with the agency data team to establish criteria for data selections, liaising with the Database Manager on data extractions and supply.
- In consultation with the Head of Fundraising, regularly review and analyse results in order to inform future campaigns.
- To appoint and manage the working relationships with external agencies involved in the delivery of the individual giving programme.
- To liaise with the Database Manager to ensure responses are handled to the highest level of donor care standards, both in house and via our fulfilment bureau.
- To continue to develop the regular giving proposition and cultivation journey so as to grow this group of supporters and prevent attrition.
- To continue to develop ways to fundraise and recruit new supporters online in collaboration with the Head of Fundraising and the Head of Marketing.
- T work with the agency and the Head of Fundraising to develop donor cultivation strategies, ie upgrades, mid-value, cash to direct debit conversion and legacy promotion. Also identify new creative and media testing in cold activity to inform and improve ROI.
- To maximise Gift Aid income from the appeals and donor development programmes.
- To liaise with other members of the fundraising and communications team to ensure all activity is integrated into wider team strategies.
- To stay up to date on developments to GDPR, especially to consent and to ensure all campaigns comply with those guidelines.
- To work with the Head of Fundraising and third party partners to deliver the five year plan to grow the database of support.
- To measure attrition in key supporter groups on an ongoing basis and develop strategies to reactivate and mitigate against donor attrition.
- To work closely with the Database Manager across all campaigns ensuring he is kept up to date at all times. Also ensure all campaigns are coded correctly so that results can be accurately measured and analysed.
- To be aware of the Trust’s overall strategy.
- To adhere to the Trust’s policies and procedures as well as to all requirements of the Charities Act, Gift Aid, Data Protection and other relevant legislation and to keep abreast of legislative change and good practice developments in matters affecting appeals, advising the wider staff team as appropriate.
- As appropriate, to support and participate in any fundraising event organised by the Trust.
- To undertake other tasks as appropriate as directed by the Head of Fundraising.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills, qualifications and person specifications:
- Proven success in delivering individual giving campaigns on or over target, to budget and tight deadlines
- A highly organised and effective project manager with proven experience of managing multiple campaigns at the same time
- The ability to work proactively with minimal supervision
- Experience of analysing campaign results and preparing reports
- Experience managing third party suppliers, writing data and creative briefs and inspiring creative agencies in the work of the Trust
- Strong creative judgement with the ability to inform and inspire external agencies
- Good communication skills in order to work effectively with a wide range of colleagues and partners
- Understanding of legal, gift aid and data protection law and how that translates to the Individual Giving programme
- Strong numerical skills with the ability to understand, use and manipulate data and financial information
- Strong written, verbal, attention to detail and IT skills
- A positive, friendly, open, can do attitude to work and working as part of a wider fundraising team to assist colleagues when required
- Understanding of and commitment to the work of The Gurkha Welfare Trust.
- Educated to degree level
- Relevant fundraising qualification
- Extensive experience in an Individual Giving role
- Experience managing external agencies and design, print and production processes
How To Apply
To apply for this role please send your CV along with a covering letter by using the Apply section below.
You can also find the full Job Description below for further information.
Interview will take place in Salisbury on Thursday 25 October 2018.
More searches like this
- Fundraising Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in Salisbury
- Campaigning Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in Salisbury
- Management Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in Salisbury
- Legacies Fundraising Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in Salisbury
- Supporter Development Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in Salisbury