Finance and HR Officer
Job Title: Finance & HR Officer
Hours: Full Time/Permanent
Salary: circa £35,000, depending on experience, plus benefits
The Royal Naval Benevolent Trust provides financial assistance and support to Royal Navy and Royal Marines personnel and their families in times of need.
The Trust is looking to recruit a new Finance & HR Officer to take on responsibility for the day-to-day financial operations of the charity, reporting to the Financial Controller, alongside providing HR advice and support to managers and the Chief Executive. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Finance Officer who would like to diversify their skillset and is interested in learning about HR. CIPD training will be part-funded for the right individual.
To succeed in this role you will be able to demonstrate:
- AAT qualification (or equivalent)
- Diploma in HR Management (or equivalent) would be an advantage
- Fully competent in MS Office, including Word and Excel
- Experience in computerised accounting, payroll and HR systems
- Experience of working in finance, accounting and HR roles
- Thorough knowledge of book keeping and understanding of ledger control accounts
- Desire to enhance and develop skills through Continuing Professional Development
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively
- Flexibility and willingness to contribute to success of the wider team
You will be calm, patient and efficient with excellent time management skills and the ability to work unsupervised and prioritise effectively. You will understand the importance of confidentiality and sensitivity when dealing with beneficiaries and staff.
The Trust is located 10 minutes from Portsmouth city centre, opposite the Mountbatten Centre and has onsite parking.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual. If you feel you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role, we very much look forward to hearing from you.
Please submit your CV in a word document, with a supporting statement to
email@example.com quoting our reference JO1549.
Closing date for applications: ASAP