Location: Watford (But covering Herts, Beds and Bucks)
Salary: £23,000 per annum
Job type: Permanent, Full-Time (Working 35 hours a week)
Reference Number: 0852
How we work:
Action for Children does what's right, does what's needed and does what works for children in the UK. Every year, our team changes the lives of 370,000 children, young people and families.
Action for Children Community fundraising team works on an array of exciting events, activities and partnerships to raising vital funds. We provide quality fundraising support to a wide range of individuals, community groups and businesses to raise money for the babies, children and young people we support in the local community.
Community fundraising is a vital part of our work. As the fundraiser for Herts, Beds and Bucks, you'll be agile working in your patch in our South fundraising team.
How you'll make a difference:
- By being a creative, self-motivated and supportive team member led by the desire every day to help change children and young people's lives for the better. You will play a role in delivering the Community team's new growth strategy that will support fellow fundraisers, supporters and our projects across the UK.
- By specifically focussing on fundraising in Herts, Beds and Bucks. You will work with the other Home Counties fundraisers and Fundraising Manager to deliver a sustainable programme of third party fundraising events, developing new groups and networks whilst providing support to individuals, groups and businesses supporting the charity in Herts, Beds and Bucks.
- By having the autonomy to manage your working week, meeting the needs of your role. You working with fellow fundraisers in their locations and attending meetings as needed. This friendly and supportive team work hard and well together to achieve their goals.
- By delivering a programme of fundraising activities with agreed budgets and KPI's
- By continuing to develop our fundraising activity in Herts, Beds and Bucks through a range of activities.
- By managing a portfolio of third party fundraising events, raise income, and generate new supporters as well as stewarding existing supporters.
- By working on an array of exciting events, activities and partnerships to raise vital funds for our work supporting disadvantaged and neglected children, young people and their families. We support a wide range of individuals, community groups and businesses to raise money for the children and young people we support in the local community.
What you'll need:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent or related work experience is desirable.
- IOF qualification is desirable.
- Ability and confidence to promote Action for Children's brand.
- You will be self-motivated with a pro-active approach to fundraising
- Well organised with the ability to plan and prioritise a busy workload
- Hold a full Driving Licence, with access to a car
- Good understanding of the principles of excellent customer care, relationship management and the accountabilities of a charity to its donors, supporters and volunteers
- Raiser's Edge knowledge preferable
- Confident presentation skills
- Have good numeracy and budgeting skills.
How we reward you:
- Paid holiday allowance- minimum 29 days (pro-rata) plus public/bank holidays
- We support you and welcoming new additions to your family – flexible maternity, adoption and paternity packages after successful probation period.
- We have a contribution scheme that matches a maximum of 7% employee and 7% employer contributions, which includes a death in service benefit.
What are you waiting for? Apply today! We look forward to hearing from you! For more information on this opportunity please visit our website via the apply button.
Closing date: 4 October 2018