Senior Legacy Officer
One of the UK’s most inspiring and best known faith-based organisations, The Salvation Army, is looking for a Senior Legacy Officer to join The Legacy Unit which sits within the Finance Department of The Salvation Army Territorial Headquarters in London.
The purpose of the unit is to optimise The Salvation Army’s receipt of legacy funds without compromising the ideals of The Salvation Army and to ensure that legacy funds are received and administered by The Salvation Army legally; in accordance with the deceased’s testamentary wishes; and within the practices and procedures of The Salvation Army.
As a member of the Legacy Unit the Senior Legacy Officer deals primarily with the collection of bequests made to The Salvation Army, but will also be expected to deputise for a number of the other staff in the Unit dealing with The Salvation Army’s internal administration of legacy income. The successful candidate will manage the day to day administration of legacy gifts left to The Salvation Army making a significant contribution to an income stream in excess of £50m. Other duties include administering estates where The Salvation Army acts as executor and optimising income from gifts in wills without compromising the ideals and objectives of the charity.
The successful candidate(s) will be able to demonstrate:
- Minimum of 2 A Levels - Grade A – C
- Specialist knowledge of probate/legacy administration or practical knowledge based on 3 years minimum experience
- Institute of Legacy Management Certificate of Competence
- Degree or other Qualification recognised by the legacy profession
- Awareness of the rights of a charity beneficiary
Benefits: 25 days annual leave + bank holidays; a contributory pension scheme; season ticket loan; Childcare Voucher Scheme; an employee assistance programme.
Appointment subject to satisfactory references, proof of right to work in the UK
For further details and to apply please visit The Salvation Army’s website.
Closing date: 14th October 2018
Interview date: TBC
CVs will not be accepted
Promoting equality in the workplace
More searches like this
- Fundraising Faith-Based Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- Administration Faith-Based Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- Finance & Legal Faith-Based Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- PR & Communications Faith-Based Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- Legacies Fundraising Faith-Based Full Time jobs in London (Greater)