Business Analyst (Technology)
Business Analyst (Technology)
Our client is the world’s leading chemistry community, advancing excellence in the chemical sciences. The UK’s professional body for chemical scientists with over 50,000 members worldwide, they are a £65m-turnover not-for-profit organisation with over 550 staff operating around the world and an award-winning global knowledge business. For more than 175 years they have promoted, supported, and celebrated chemistry. They work to shape the future of the chemical sciences – for the benefit of science and humanity.
Position: Business Analyst: Technology
Location: Cambridge (Commutable from Cambridge North, Milton, Ely, Swavesy, Histon & Impington, Oakington, Fenstanton, St Ives, Cambridgeshire, Huntingdon, Newmarket, Saffron Walden, St Neots, Bedford, Hitchin, Stevenage, Bury St Edmunds and surrounding areas
Job type: Full Time, 24 months Fixed Term Contract
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: £39242 - £43602 per annum plus benefits
Benefits: 35-hour working week, subsidised staff restaurant, staff sports and social club, 26 days paid holiday plus bank holidays, substantial contributory pension scheme, free private medical, critical illness and life insurance, free on-site parking, season ticket, car / motor cycle and cycle to work schemes, membership subscription, employee assistance programme, eye-care at work scheme and more.
Closing date: 17th October 2018
About the role:
Our client seeks a Business Analyst to join their Technology Business Relationship team.
This is a great opportunity if you enjoy working on transformational projects. Their Business Analysts are responsible for capturing and validating business needs, analysing, reviewing and re-designing business processes, formulating system requirements, selecting external suppliers / solutions, producing business cases, and ultimately determining how Technology can deliver value to the organisation with new or modified Services.
This full-time (35-hour week) 24-month contract role is specifically required for capturing Technology requirements from their Science and Community department and for selecting a suitable solution to replace their legacy systems. This role is conveniently based at Cambridge Science Park office, with free onsite parking and close to the guided bus and Cambridge North train station.
- Proven experience in leading and implementing digital transformation projects in medium / large organisations
- Required experience in implementing CRM and / or CMS systems
- Can demonstrate a highly analytical and logical approach to understanding business processes along with user needs, business outcomes and articulates this in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner
- Proven experience in understanding in capturing requirements; adopt various techniques to prioritise and validate their needs
- Experience required in supplier / software selection
- An ability to use data and process modelling techniques to create clear system specifications for the design and development of system software
- Translate business requirements into functional, non-functional, integration and transition requirements and work with Technology colleagues and / or external suppliers to formulate technical specifications
- Experience required in both waterfall and agile methodologies for software implementation
- Knowledge of basic concepts of enterprise architecture
- Good technical knowledge of IT infrastructure and systems used within a corporate environment
- Maintains a professional attitude, building and maintaining relationships with their customers and demonstrates a customer-focused behaviour at all times
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to explain technical concepts equally to customers with a level of technical understanding and those without
If you have a genuine interest for business processes and supporting technologies, and you are motivated by bringing efficiency and quality to an organisation, please apply before their closing date.
You may have experience of the following: Business Analyst, BA, Data Analyst, Business Analysis, Data Analysis, Project Manager, Analytics, Project Management, Business Process Analyst, Digital Analyst, Digital Business Analyst, CRM, Waterfall, Agile, Transformation Management, Digital Transformation, etc