Trusts & Foundations Officer
Harris Hill are seeking an experienced Trusts & Foundations Fundraising Officer on behalf of a national charity that supports people with learning disabilities. This organisation provide awareness and campaign on behalf of people with a learning disability and their families.
Based in London this role is responsible for the research of relevant grant giving bodies and the preparation and submission of high quality proposals to generate income to support ongoing projects.
- Identify and research prospective trusts and foundations that have potential to support the charities work
- Initiate and build relationships with new trusts and foundations via telephone, email, face to face meetings and events
- Prepare and submit an agreed number of high quality proposals, in line with the requirements of potential funders
- Ensure a strong trust and foundation pipeline is maintained by tracking and planning applications
- Work closely with all departments to acquire project information for updates and funding proposals
- Undertake administrative responsibilities related to new funding being secured including liaising with Supporter Care and Finance teams to record new income
Experience & skills
- Previous experience of working within a philanthropy or fundraising team/department would be highly advantageous
- This role requires a candidate with strong verbal and written communication skills
- This role requires a an individual with strong relationship building skills with the ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- The preferred candidate will be articulate with the ability to effectively problem solve within a fast paced environment
- The preferred candidate must have strong IT and administration skills