Director of Campaigns, Care and Support
Prospectus is delighted to be collaborating with Muscular Dystrophy to recruit for a Director of Campaigns, Care & Support, based from their Head of Office in London. Muscular Dystrophy UK is the leading UK charity focusing on muscular dystrophy and related conditions. They are dedicated to beating muscular dystrophy and related conditions by finding treatments and cures and to improving the lives of everyone affected by them. People rely on Muscular Dystrophy UK to provide expert information, advocacy and community support, and to signpost them to effective specialist services.
Leading many of Muscular Dystrophy UK's (MDUK) core, frontline services, the Director of Campaigns, Care & Support will ensure the charity is at the forefront of providing excellent services and support for people affected by muscle-wasting conditions; as well as driving improvements to high quality, specialist NHS neuromuscular care and access to treatments. Promoting MDUK's goals around greater independence and an improved quality of life for families and individuals, the Director will lead the charity's parliamentary strategy across the UK, working closely with key stakeholders, including commissioners, clinicians and volunteers.
Experience and skills to include:
- Good understanding of policy issues relating to disability and knowledge of statutory services such as health and social services
- Experience of at least one area : campaigns, policy and parliamentary procedures
- Good understanding of commissioning and NHS service development and planning
- Experience of public speaking and providing media interviews
- Experience of providing support to patients and families
- Experience of working with and supporting volunteers
- Knowledge of clinical care issue and professional development
- Experience of budget setting
Please submit your CV via the "Apply" button below. Please upload your CV in Word format and include a supporting statement as part of your application. This should describe how your experience and skills meet the specific requirements of the job description and be no longer than two sides of A4.
A Prospectus consultant will review and assess all submitted applications. As part of the selection process, candidates may be invited to meet with a Prospectus consultant at our offices.
Following preliminary interviews with Prospectus, shortlisted candidates will be invited for a first stage interview with Muscular Dystrophy UK w/c 22nd October
For further information, please call us on 020 7400 6373.