Head of finance and operations
ACEVO, the membership network for civil society leaders, is looking for an experienced, capable finance colleague to join our small, vibrant team as our head of finance and operations.
We want a leader who shares both our vision of supporting and inspiring fellow civil society leaders, and our values of being member-driven, connected, ambitious and honest. You'll be good with all areas of finance, from budgeting to management accounts and from reporting to colleagues and liaising with the board, to managing our year end audit. You’ll be eager to use your knowledge and experience to work with the team to deliver our strategy.
You'll be an approachable manager who knows how to bring out the best in people. You'll be keen to play an active part in our senior management team to help shape and drive our activities. And you'll be flexible to be able to switch between accounts and IT, or between governance and HR.
We’re looking for
- Experience of financial management including supervision of the key financial processing functions
- Knowledge and understanding of budgeting and financial planning
- Experience of providing management accounts
- Experience of preparing statutory accounts in SORP format
- An accountancy qualification, or comparable relevant experience
- Experience of working with a charity’s trading subsidiary
- Experience of dealing with governance, and working with non-executive boards
- Experience of dealing with contracts and business relations
- Experience of staff management, performance review and recruitment
This is a full time role ideally covering normal office hours, although flexible working will be considered. We’re offering a salary of up to £45k, 25 days’ holiday a year and good pension benefits.
Download the full job description and personal specification here. If you like what you see, please email your CV, a covering letter explaining why you’re the one for us and a completed equal opportunities form to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is 5pm on Monday 1 October. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview on Monday 15 October.