The military Charity are based in Central London and are very well know for supporting those who fought in the armed forces.
- Identify opportunities and set clearly agreed targets and objectives with the PR Manager.
- Identify and source consultancies to help deliver these programmes where appropriate, managing them to ensure that communications objectives are delivered and monitoring costs and performance against agreed targets.
- Identify key opportunities, gaining buy in and support for initiatives and acting as a representative of the Charity. Anticipate risks and challenges, adopting a proactive approach to problem-solving and mitigation.
- Offer support to members and staff regarding PR policies, practices, procedures, programs and actions.
- Provide a critical supporting role to the PR Manager; assisting in the preparation, delivery and reporting of key performance indicators against the Corporate Communications' five and ten-year strategic plan and the annual operating plan.
- Research, develop and co-ordinate media campaigns on behalf of the Charity. Write and edit press releases; articles for in-house and external publications, creating speeches and items for the organisation's website and intranet. Answer enquiries from individuals, journalists and other organisations and speaking in public at presentations, press conferences or in media interviews.
- Maintain a solid and growing network of stakeholder relationships among influencers, decision-makers, partner organisations and media assets; presenting a positive, professional and contemporary face of the Charity
- Provide professional, ethical and careful logistical and media management of beneficiaries used as media case studies to demonstrate the work of the Charity and to promote its fundraising efforts.
- Provide event management assistance in support of public relations, fundraising, membership, campaigning and welfare objectives; including guest and volunteer logistics and support, supplier management, securing of venue and programme/scheduling.
- Develop and maintain good working relations with the media, including national newspapers, magazines, radio and television.
- Not For Profit background
- Immediate available
- Availability to interview w/c 10th September
- Looking for day of £130-140 pd
- Working on national PR programmes and national media campaigns
- 2 month interim opportunity
- Central London Offices