Salary Range: £27,049 - £ 40,573
Full Time - 3 year fixed term appointment
(There may be a possibility to offer an Open Ended Appointment at the end of the term)
Plymouth Marine Laboratory is a dynamic, highly innovative, independent and impartial provider of research and advice relating to coasts and oceans, globally and locally. PML is an independent research business with charitable status and a NERC Collaborative Centre. Researchers at PML collaborate externally with universities and research institutes across the UK and internationally such that PML has been an integral part of the UK’s strategic marine science capability for over 30 years.
PML has an exciting opportunity for a Development Officer to contribute to the achievement of PML’s annual fundraising targets by identifying funding sources, building relationships with funders, both leading and supporting fundraising proposal development and new initiatives.
- Research and manage a pipeline of opportunities from suitable charitable trusts and foundations, philanthropic sources, and corporations/companies, with initial focus on funders of capital equipment.
- Develop relationships with potential funders, as appropriate, and maintain good relationships with existing funders.
- Work with scientists, and other colleagues in PML’s Corporate Affairs Group, to write and submit high quality, tailored funding proposals.
- Prepare budgets to support fundraising proposals.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of communications with relevant trusts, foundations and corporations.
- Liaise with PML’s Contracts and Finance department to ensure that funding awards are acknowledged and received.
- Submit relevant monitoring and evaluation reports required by funders, ensuring high standards are consistently met.
- Suggest or contribute to new fundraising initiatives.
- Operate within charity law and adhere to the Code of Fundraising Practice.
- Accept legal responsibility for own safety and that of others as appropriate.
- Experience & Eligibility Requirements
- Demonstrable experience of fundraising and proposal writing, preferably in a scientific/academic organization and charity environment, and within the context of securing funding from trusts and/or foundations.
- Degree or equivalent qualification.
- Strong organisational and time-management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and relationship building skills.
- Good computing skills, including sound knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Preferably proven experience of budget preparation.
Closing Date 1700hrs Wednesday 10th October 2018.
Interviews to be held on 29th October 2018.
Apply URL button: https://advanced.advorto.com/PML/LoginRegister.aspx?Url=https%3a%2f%2fadvanced.advorto.com%2fPML%2fApplicationSelection.aspx%3fVId%3d20721