Wellbeing Service Worker (Part-Time)
A vacancy for a part-time Wellbeing Service Worker has arisen to support delivery of Wellbeing Services in our client's Cherwell and West team.
Wellbeing Service Worker (Part time)
Job Code: WSW170918
Hours: 15 hours per week
Salary: £20,541 (SCP 21) per annum, pro-rata
Place of work: Wellbeing Service Hub locations across Cherwell and West Oxon
Holidays: 28 days plus bank holidays (per annum)
Probationary Period: 6 Months
Pension: Auto-Enrolment in place
Our client is a mental health charity. They make sure anyone with a mental health problem has somewhere to turn for advice and support; in total over 20,000 people in Oxfordshire access their services each year. With one in four people experiencing a mental health problem at some point in their lives, people need our client more than ever. Their work includes:
- The Transitional Supported Housing Recovery Service (part of the Oxfordshire Mental Health Partnership).
- The Talking Space Plus psychological therapy service, in partnership with Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust.
- A Wellbeing Service, which is part of both the TalkingSpace Plus and Oxfordshire Mental Health Partnerships and includes:
- Five Wellbeing Centres throughout the county
- Public Wellbeing and Information Services
- Physical Activity and Wellbeing
- Benefits for Better Mental Health, a welfare benefits advice service
- Volunteering and Peer Support Opportunities
- Raising awareness and campaigning activity.
They employ over 100 staff and operate in 28 locations around the county.
Purpose of the Job
This post holder will:
- Help people better manage their own mental health and get support to stay well.
- Provide direct provision to individuals and groups of appropriate evidence based wellbeing interventions including options sessions and follow up, delivering educational and coping skills courses and helping to facilitate peer support group sessions.
- Provide advice, options, signposting and supported onward referrals with other internal and external services and key partners.
The post holder would divide their time between our client's Cherwell and West team and their Oxfordshire Information line, spending Thursdays in the Cherwell and West Locality and Fridays in Osney Mead on the Information line.
Closing date: 30th September 2018
Please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to the employer’s website where you can complete your application.
Our client is fully committed to the principles and practices of equal opportunity and diversity.
They are a Mindful Employer.
No agencies please.